Engine Stall and Oil Pressure Warning While Parking | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine Stall and Oil Pressure Warning While Parking

ny32blue

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited 4WD
Perhaps the timing of this is coincidental, but, a day after having its oil changed at a local quick lube place, our Explorer stalled while we were parking and displayed an oil pressure warning. I'm pretty sure that the warning was a result of the stall (the sensor detecting no pressure when the engine stopped) and not he reverse (the engine stopping due to no oil pressure). I have read other threads that blame this on an ECM glitch, but i was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and followed through troubleshooting. Oddly enough my back -up camera has started to glitch too. I'm going to check the connection to the oil pressure sender as well as scan for any fault codes. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks folks! Be well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll ask the obvious, have you checked the oil level and do you see any leaking under the vehicle?

Quick lube shops have been known for under filling or not tightening up the oil filter or the drain plug.

Welcome to the Forum ny32blue. :wave:
Given the year of your Explorer, I would guess you are likely due for a new rearview camera. Rearview Camera Problems

Peter

Also have the battery checked. Do a reset and see if that fixes you issues.

I'll ask the obvious, have you checked the oil level and do you see any leaking under the vehicle?

Quick lube shops have been known for under filling or not tightening up the oil filter or the drain plug.
Thanks. Just to update, I checked the oil level, filter tightness, etc. All good. The issue never resurfaced. Now, I’m looking for a replacement camera. The cameras imported from China are cheap, I’m looking now to see if anyone has had any issues with them. Not paying appx $380 for an OEM. Not happening.

Thanks. Just to update, I checked the oil level, filter tightness, etc. All good. The issue never resurfaced. Now, I’m looking for a replacement camera. The cameras imported from China are cheap, I’m looking now to see if anyone has had any issues with them. Not paying appx $380 for an OEM. Not happening.
A little cheaper here but still expensive. Keep in mind that after it is installed the dealer still has to program it to your Explorer unless you are familiar with Forscan.
AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake | Parts & Accessories
You may also want to check this thread I found using the Forum's 'Search' feature (upper right). There were a couple more but the following was the main one.
Rearview Camera Problems

Peter

Back