Engine swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine swap

how do i get the torque converter bolts out

Pull the starter and go in through the hole. On the IFS trucks, I find it easier to use a long extension that puts the ratchet in front of the engine, the extension rest nicely on the motor mount. It also makes it easier to turn the motor to the next bolt, youre already there. I dont know if that works out the same on the TTB trucks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

okay i got the old motor out and everything transferred to the new one but cant quite get it to line up with the motor mounts im bout an eighth an inch off all i could do bymyself yesterday so today i got some help coming over hope i get it in there today

Hey tuck don't know if you got it yet but I just did this less than a month ago if you don't get any help what I did was jacked up the tranny as far as I could and lowered the engine enough to slide the engine into the tranny and line up the motor mounts it really was a pita but it worked I got mine in and running in about 8 hrs split in 2days. I hope you got to hear the transplant running before you got it, after all that work I now have to do the lifters, push rods, and rocker arms just cause I have a lifter tapping. And just cause you don't have the funds to rebuild the old motor now I'm just going to hold on to mine and buy the parts I need when i can part at a time if I have to then you'll have a spare. Good luck!

i didnt quite get it finished last weekend and during all the swaping i busted the ac radiator and pulled the tranny dip tube out any suggestions on getting it back in without dropping the tranny

figured it out the engine was off a manual trans flywheels are different bone head move on my part should get the flywheels switched tmmrw and get it dropped in

Back