error on dash even tho i installed the error canceller(updated) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

error on dash even tho i installed the error canceller(updated)

deuce07

Reaction score
City, State
hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 xlt v8 ironman
someone please help me asap.

correct me if i'm wrong, but people have installed their HIDS with the warning canceller and still got the error msg?

http://sharphid.com/installation/HID Complete Wiring Diagram.jpg

i have the DDM hid kit, 55watt with the error message canceller.

after doing some research i came to these assumptions..

well my HID kit plugs to one of the OEM harness through the battery wiring harness (theres only one plug)

my kit only uses one OEM harness, yet i still get an error message for both headlights. anyone have any idea if theres anything i could just buy to plug into the headlight OEM harness to trick the dash?

im told i could use a resistor, anyone know which one?

please let me know.. i hope you guys get where i'm going with this..

I had a similar problem, I installed the 35w Hi/Lo DDM kit on my 2006, and my problem was not only the error codes, but the lights didn't consistently ignite. I had to hold my hi's on while simultaneously turning my lights on to get them to fire. I took my chances and bought the error code eliminators. Oddly enough, this fixed the ignition problem, now they fire every time, however the error codes are still there. I called DDM, and they said that the description and name is kind of misleading; and that the error eliminator's primary purpose is to get the kit working properly, the actual cancelling of the error codes is a secondary function of them. I figured I could live with it, as the lights turning on consistently is more important to me than the error codes, especially since you can clear them with the reset button. The guy from DDM did say that jumping the other cable, (the unused one on the stock harness) into the DDM wiring harness might solve the problem. I'd rather live with the error codes personally.

i ordered my hid kit on ebay for my 05 mountaineer for like $100 and its been on there for over a month and i havent had an error code yet

Back