2008 Explorer HID Error Canceler | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Explorer HID Error Canceler

spencer785

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 EB 4x4 V6

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

first one and last one looks like they will work. the second one MAY work.

just curious I have a bi-xenon kit so i thought i need 4 resistors so do i need to order two of these special harnesses. thanks

i dont think you can wire two seperate harnesses to one HID kit. since there is one wire from the ballast that goes to a wiring harness

i just found out that these error kits will not work for our explorer because we need a special harness with 4 resistors.

I'm about to get my bi-xenon kit in the mail this week. If I do have the error code (which I expect) what exactly do I need to get to remedy it? What special harness / resistors do I need to get?

Thanks for the info

I just finished my HID bi-xenon install. Very straight forward install. Everything is good to go but I do get the "check headlight" message on the dash. I hit the reset button and it goes away until you turn the truck off and then back on. I still don't know if I need to wire in a resistor (sounds like a pain) or get the error canceler kits sold on eBay. Anyone know for sure that the kits don't work?

photo12.jpg

Here's a pic after the install

2010 explorer HID error

Hi Guys:
did you found a solution for this? I have a 2010 explorer with the same error in the dash after installing a bi-xenon kit. I already installed the canceler and a resistor to the plug left disconnected.

Thanks

got the same problem. I got a hi/low HID with 2 ballast.the HID wires are connected to my left headlight oem harness for both left/right HID, so the right headlight oem harness was left disconnected(unplug).

The error message (check headlamp left/right) comes out when I hit the flasher/highbeam stick..

I think the canceller/capasitor will work for the left oem harness, but the right unplug (disconnected) harness will not work since the other end of the canceller cannot be attached to any ballast/lamp

The cancellor won't work on our rigs. I tried two different types and several different scenarios and no go. Dont waste the extra $ when you can get a set of resistors for $10.

Anyone knows if you will get the "check headlights message" after HID's install on a 08 EX that has the factory daytime running lights?

Anyone knows if you will get the "check headlights message" after HID's install on a 08 EX that has the factory daytime running lights?

Yes you will get them on most if not all 2006 and up,and I believe all 06 and up have daytime running lights

The cancellor won't work on our rigs. I tried two different types and several different scenarios and no go. Dont waste the extra $ when you can get a set of resistors for $10.
which cancellor did you try jupiterak? i'm looking to get the DDM one.

you can get way cheaper resistor/ hid error code canceling kits that are only 17 bucks no spicing or nothing

Do those work? I was under the impression they didn't work on Explorers. If they do can you post a link...
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back