• Register Today It's free!

ESP Loaner\Rental

CNY3

Reaction score
City, State
Syracuse, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Edge
I purchased ESP with 1st day and enhanced rental. Bit confused on process of actually getting a loaner. Had warranty work done recently. When 1st called to make appointment at dealer, intake person never heard of a loaner or rental being provided. Tried again - they had no loaners available, told me I was on my own to find a rental.

I’ve searched this forum and found references that sounded like the dealership arranged and either paid directly or got a discounted rate from Enterprise.

Have more warranty work scheduled and again told me no loaners and I‘m on my own for rental.

Thanks for any assistance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What kind of warranty work? Something quick or something that would take a day or more?

The dealer near me has an Enterprise on site. In speaking with the service advisor, he told me that if work would take more than 3 hrs, and especially if more than one day, it would be covered by Ford provided the rental was also a Ford. The dealership had some sort of relationship with this Enterprise location because after I dropped off the car, I waited in the lobby for a few minutes and an Enterprise employee came over with keys for 3 of us waiting there. I had to fill out paperwork as if I were paying but in the end, I was not sent a bill and the dealership took care of the cost. This was with warranty work that was somewhat open ended--I was thinking one day but it took 3. This was also NOT ESP. Just straight up warranty work.

Maybe next time call and ask another dealership?

I would like to know also because if I were to purchase ESP with a rental, my dealer right now says they have never done loaners and they don't do rentals because of Covid, no matter who pays for it.

I would like to know also because if I were to purchase ESP with a rental, my dealer right now says they have never done loaners and they don't do rentals because of Covid, no matter who pays for it.
Not sure why they won't do rentals. They don't have to be involved in supplying the vehicle or cleaning it up. The rental agency should look after that.
Having a Lincoln, my dealer brought a loaner to my home. The driver's seat was covered in plastic and the driver wiped everything down in it and then proceeded to do the same with mine. The keys to the loaner were in a sealed plastic bag on the passenger seat. When they returned my vehicle, the process was repeated. Very easy. I believe that Enterprise is the company of choice. All the dealer would have to do is give them a call and then they should submit the cost along with the warranty repair to Ford.

Peter

I purchased ESP with 1st day and enhanced rental. Bit confused on process of actually getting a loaner. Had warranty work done recently. When 1st called to make appointment at dealer, intake person never heard of a loaner or rental being provided.................................................

Welcome to the Forum CNY3. :wave:
As stated in your Warranty Guide, Ford is not responsible for providing loaners or rentals for warranty work. If the dealer chooses to provide one, it is at their expense. However, a rental should be covered under the ESP for work done under the ESP.
My dealer provides loaners to all its customers regardless of the vehicle brand that the customer brings in for work.

Peter

Not sure why they won't do rentals. They don't have to be involved in supplying the vehicle or cleaning it up. The rental agency should look after that.
Having a Lincoln, my dealer brought a loaner to my home. The driver's seat was covered in plastic and the driver wiped everything down in it and then proceeded to do the same with mine. The keys to the loaner were in a sealed plastic bag on the passenger seat. When they returned my vehicle, the process was repeated. Very easy. I believe that Enterprise is the company of choice. All the dealer would have to do is give them a call and then they should submit the cost along with the warranty repair to Ford.

Peter
Because my dealer loves being difficult I guess. Got a mailer from them saying our Transit van's recall has a permanent repair now available. I took it to them and they said why are you here, there is no permanent repair available. Not the smartest dealer but it's way more convenient to go to them then the other one.

I purchased ESP with 1st day and enhanced rental. Bit confused on process of actually getting a loaner. Had warranty work done recently. When 1st called to make appointment at dealer, intake person never heard of a loaner or rental being provided. Tried again - they had no loaners available, told me I was on my own to find a rental.

I’ve searched this forum and found references that sounded like the dealership arranged and either paid directly or got a discounted rate from Enterprise.

Have more warranty work scheduled and again told me no loaners and I‘m on my own for rental.

Ford has an agreement with Enterprise. The dealer needs to schedule it in advance usually because COVID has dramatically reduced fleet cars available (has to be a Ford rental). You do not pay anything, the dealer gives enterprise a PO # for enterprise to bill to. Enterprise will still take a CC and deposit ($50 for me every time) that gets credited back when I return it. Enterprise will either bring the car there for you or pick you up at the dealer and bring you to them.

This is how it is supposed to work every time if the dealer does not have their own fleet of loaners. Been doing it for 13 years, flawless every time. I have had to reschedule my appointment a few times due to no cars available.

With 1st day rental you get one immediately.

Back