Ever try Mothers back to black for sun fading? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ever try Mothers back to black for sun fading?

alexk

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Limited
Annoyed at the sun fading on my truck I went out in search of something to fix it. For $5 I found Mothers back to black and figured what the hell, its only $5 if it doesnt work who cares. I was pretty pleased with the results.

Before:

001-4.jpg

002-4.jpg

003-6.jpg

004-7.jpg

After:
The first pic is after 1 application, the rest are after 2.
006-5.jpg

015-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

017.jpg

018-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not bad, I liked that stuff a lot. Its kinda runny and a pain to apply but it works. I've used that on cars I've detailed for clients and works great.

I hate how runny it is. It got all over my windows when I put it on. I am going to apply one more coat this weekend once it stops raining.

Would that work on the gray trim?...maybe a dumb ?......

it eventually fades way, so it cant hurt to try

you guys know you can buy that black trim at the ford dealership right. those peices just unscrew. its really easy to replace. i replace my rear 2 and i think it was like 60 bucks but they look like new

you guys know you can buy that black trim at the ford dealership right. those peices just unscrew. its really easy to replace. i replace my rear 2 and i think it was like 60 bucks but they look like new

did not know that. Im not sure if I am keeping this past the summer though so I dont want to invest all that much into it right now.

Looks good initally but doesn't hold up well. I have tried everything.

well another alternative is take them off and sand them down. then respay and clean them.

I use the stuff on the contols of my bike, works great. It seems to last about a month, so i just apply it every time i wash it.

well another alternative is take them off and sand them down. then respay and clean them.

Nah too lazy. Hopefully Ill be in a 2006 limited by december.

Put some vinyl there, that should work.

back to black is greasy and attracts dust sooo much its ridiculous.. black wow works well and wont fade out or run for a few months..

best bet for those is to take them off and paint them then buff it to a shine..

Back