Exhaust. Please help! i got screwed! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust. Please help! i got screwed!

raceboy27_07

Reaction score
City, State
Tupelo, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Ford Explorer
:mad: I have an 02 Ex with a 4.0 V6. i wanted a good deep sounding exhaust so i asked around and was told the best thing for it was a glasspack. well i bought one. now that its on there it sounds like a mad bumble bee! I wanted a deep truck sound, not a little bitty street tuner sound! i found someone who wants to buy the glasspack, but now im in search again for a REAL exhaust, not a wimp like that was. i thought flowmaster, but i have heard rumors that they dont sound good on a V6. ANYONE with an 02, or similar, 4.0 V6 with a deep exhaust PLEASE send a sound clip so i will be sure im doing good this time. Thanks everyone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FLOWMASTER 40's

MAGNAFLOW

i rock a FM DELTA FLOW 40... i like it

i have no clue who told you GLASSPACKS... IMO !!!! they sound like garbage on an v6 X...

Thanks

Im on a slow connection so i cant hear it, but tomorrow i will deffinately check it out. thanks for the help.

glasspacks are CRAP.

You may want to consider the Flowmaster 50 series, MAC Cat-Back, and Magnaflow.

Would it sound good on my V6 though?

i have a flowmaster supper 44 and it sound tuff
DSCN2219.jpg

DSCN2216.jpg

Just as important as the muffler for sound is the pipe size and flow. Get the magnaflow or similar high flow muffler, then run oversized 2.5" pipes straight out the back, under the back bumper. Add chrome tips for looks. The straight shot
and larger size deepens the sound to make it sound more like a V8.

Thanks all. i will DEFFINATELY follow yalls advice. they all look and sound great.

if your gona use your truck off road dont have the pipes cut out under like mine

i will be changing mine as soon as i can get it back on the road - just feal youd need a longer pipe

Would it sound good on my V6 though?
Nope!!!
If you want a deep exhaust note you are going to need to buy yourself a V8.

The V6s sound like crap no matter what exhaust is put on it. Quiet is the only way to go with the V6.

Nope!!!

The V6s sound like crap no matter what exhaust is put on it. Quiet is the only way to go with the V6.

i dont agree with you at all

Nope!!!

hahaha......wow.......:thumbdwn:

Nope!!!

while I tend to agree, a magnaflow setup on the 4.0L will actually sound quite nice. Magnaflows dont have the somewhat tiny sound of a flowmaster.

shadowless...

i agree with you as well... a v6 cant sound like a v8, but with the correct pipe and muffler combo - you can get very close !!!!!!

and i also agree MAGNAFLOW has an OVER-ALL deeper exhaust note...

Back