• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust

explorer99sport

Reaction score
City, State
Charleston, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Ford Explorer Sport
I have a 99 Sport with a 4.0 OHV and i wanted to just replace the muffler and nothing else. I want the truck to sound just a little deeper not too much. Whats the best muffler to use?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do you like a chambered or glasspack sound? flowmaster i think usually comes out a little throatier, where as a glasspack like a magnaflow is quieter at idle, but when you open it up sounds better.

if you want a real cheap muffler ill give you a brand new thrush turbo i have layin around for $10 plus shipping, but i honestly dont think they sound that great, you can look them up on youtube. its a decent sounding muffler, just not as loud as i wanted. and it stopped the rumble at low end. but top end they sound ok.

Thanks i dont know the difference between the two i liked some of the mufflers on flowmasters site but yea i wouldnt mind the cheap way does thrush make any other mufflers that are a little deeper

just go on youtube and look up explorer flowmaster, or explorer magnaflow, explorer thrush.... etc and you will find tons of vids of different exhausts.

I finally got my exhaust I put a cherry bomb muffler on my truck, it sounds good not too loud but it rumbles, wont have to worry about waking the neighborhood. It was just what i was looking for, it was pretty simple to install only took two hours for completion.

Back