Exploder Transfer Case | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exploder Transfer Case

Ho-Lee- CRAP!!! {gijoecam spits over his shoulder, then wipes greasy hands on a pair of grubby overalls} Well, thayer's yer problum, rot thayer!! {/redneck mechanic}

I had to laugh at that one... Amazing. Would that thing even roll under its own power without making a racket?? I gotta say, that's utterly unbelievable!!!

Offhand, I don't know what that piece is, but after glancing at the exploded diagrams, I'm going with #20: Insulator Washer, but don't quote me on that.

Looking at the carnage again, did it split one of the balls from the ball-ramp assembly in half!??!!? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!??! This one takes the cake!! Wow..... Wow....

Ho-Lee- CRAP!!! {gijoecam spits over his shoulder, then wipes greasy hands on a pair of grubby overalls} Well, thayer's yer problum, rot thayer!! {/redneck mechanic}

I had to laugh at that one... Amazing. Would that thing even roll under its own power without making a racket?? I gotta say, that's utterly unbelievable!!!

Offhand, I don't know what that piece is, but after glancing at the exploded diagrams, I'm going with #20: Insulator Washer, but don't quote me on that.

Looking at the carnage again, did it split one of the balls from the ball-ramp assembly in half!??!!? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!??! This one takes the cake!! Wow..... Wow....
This post seriously made me laugh my azz off! I could hardly believe it myself when I pulled the cases apart. :eek:

Actually, yes, it would still roll under its own power and didn't make a sound. In fact, I drove it around the block and engaged and disengaged the xfer case... :D Well, the hubs locked but not much more than that happened.

Oh and yes, it did split that one ball in half! Great eyes.

So, what do you suggest? Would aftermarket controls be better or is it better that I just get another vehicle?

Back