Explorer brake caliper on a Bronco II? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer brake caliper on a Bronco II?

ifergusson

Reaction score
City, State
Regina,SK.,Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Explorer/84 Bronco II
My 84 Bronco II needs front brake hoses.The parts book seems to show 84-85 Bronco II's having a different hose and caliper than later models.I happened to have a caliper off a 93 Explorer that I parted out handy and I mocked it up and it appears to fit fine.Is there any reason that I can't use the Explorer caliper and hose on the Bronco II?I didn't check the top fitting to see if it is compatible but the rest seems like it should work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A few years back I used an Ex brake hose which seemed to be the same exact part but with a different part #. Plus the B2 hose cost more.
Not sure about the caliper.

I was searching around some online parts companies, some seem to show 84-85 caliper as unique while others list the same number for all Bronco II's and also the early Explorers so whatever the difference is it can't be too big.It is reassuring that you were able to use the Explorer brake hose,I was able to find some companies that listed the same number for all year Bronco II's but they seemed to have a different number for Explorer hoses so I wasn't sure if the upper fitting was the same.The Explorer I parted out was really low milage so I would like to use the parts if I can.

when I have questions like this, I go to www.rockauto.com . look up the caliper, when the item(s) appear, click on the item number & it gives a general list of interchanges.
appears the Ex caliper will fit the BII

old thread, yeah, yeah. The brake pads are the same also. ( I love warrenties )

I was working on the Bronco II tonight and the one bleeder screw was plugged up so I just grabbed one off one of the Explorer calipers.My master cylinder crapped out so instead of replacing it with the same thing I decided to use a newer one with the plastic reservoir on top.Everything seemed to fit fine except the newer ones take a bubble fare instead the v style so I had to reflare the lines.

Back