• Register Today It's free!

Rebuilt my stereo system.

2kv8

Reaction score
City, State
Belmont, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT V-8
With a ton of help from PandorasCustoms I rebuilt my sub box for some new Kicker Comp VR dual 2 ohm 12's. PandorasCustoms designed the box to exactly the size I wanted and the sound I was looking for. If it hadn't been for him I would not have been able to figure this out on my own.

I replaced my tired MTX and JBL amplifiers for 2 brand new Soundstream Stealth Series amplifiers and mounted the on top of 1/4" plexiglass and lit the underneath side with a 7 color led kit from Liteglow. The sound from the new Kicker subs and Soundstream amps is amazing. I also installed a Stinger digital voltage guage in the center console with a piece of plexiglass, used an "EXPLORER" stencil and painted it then back lit the Explorer lettering also with 7 color led neon. Anyway here are a few pics of the install.

The center console guage: It's a little dirty from working inside the X all day.
1998700406_large.jpg

This picture does not do this justice. I can't figure out how to take good night pictures with my new camera
1998700407_large.jpg

New subs, box and amps:
1998700408_large.jpg

1998700412_large.jpg

1998700411_large.jpg

There are more pics on my cardomain page. Let me know what you think.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks sweet!!!:biggthump

What is the enclosure tuned to?

ahhh DAMN!!!That looks AWSOME!!!I'm totally jealous!!!Now I have to copy you lol jk(if only I could afford it =[ ) I think I'm gonna have to get a box like that!

Hey there, sweet set up. I see you have one of those pop out dvd type displays in the front. What brand and how do you like it? Does it seem very durable over bumps and stuff, or does it feel like it's going to snap off if someone hit wrong or something?

Hey there, sweet set up. I see you have one of those pop out dvd type displays in the front. What brand and how do you like it? Does it seem very durable over bumps and stuff, or does it feel like it's going to snap off if someone hit wrong or something?

It's a Panasonic CQ-VX100U and this is the second Panasonic In dash dvd player I've had and I love it. There was nothing wrong with the first Panasonic I just wanted something new. That first one is now in my brothers car and he loves his. I have had no issues with bumps or the snapping off feeling like you have mentioned. These systems seem to be very durable and have many features like the higher end systems just not the price. I don't think Panasonic makes car audio stuff anymore so you would have to look on amazon or ebay for this headunit.

Hey, I may have done the design, but the workmanship was all yours.
I didn't even imagine it looking that pretty in my head. Love all of the extra effort you put into it.
I personally have never been a fan of having my amps noticeable, but here, you made them all worth while. I didn't know anything about the voltmeter either, that one is a nice little addition too.
Great work, and a great investment.

I just might need to have my box shipped up there for some recovering. I told you, that part of the job is my elast favorite.

Thanks for the info, I've been looking at these as well, they are getting pretty sophisticated with voice recognition, 12 mm point GPS, and so on. Thought about trying a total in dash design, but it looks like a nightmare/next to impossible with my older ex, of course, anything is possible :). However, if these things can withhold the abuse, can't beat it for the price, 1/3 of the cost with all the same features!

Back