• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Express 75mm MAS

mike91

Reaction score
City, State
Yonkers, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 EB
Stock injectors are used and the sensor has been calibrated for improved performance - $239.95. Granetelli motorsports has one for $330.00 as well, but I was wondering if anyone purchased the one from EE.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, but I want one. :) Ive heard mixed results. But most of the negative feedback has been on near stock or mildly modified vehicles. The more your modified the more it seems to improve...

nick

Hey guys, would a MAS such as the Granatelli one you're discussing work with the K&N FIPK that I have on my truck? I just don't want to buy it and not be able to use it. Let me know.

Sean
Bosch 4+ Platinum plugs
Splitfire ignition wires
PIAA 9007 Super-White Headlights

I havent seen what it would look like.. but I dont see why.. the FIPK has to use the stock MAS... and the gms MAS has to replace the stock MAS... so I dont see why not...

nick

Yes the Granatelli Mass Airflow Sensor 70MM is a direct bolt on K&N FIPK. Thats the setup I have works great...

91 Explorer Sport 4.0 V6 EFI
Bosch Platinum +4's
K&N FIPK for a 96 Explorer
BBK 66MM THROTTLEBODY
BORLA HEADERS
Flow master Series 40 AND 2 1/4 CUSTOM PIPES
Granatelli Mass Airflow Sensor 70MM
SUPERCHIP
Edelbrock shocks
255/70-R15 Viper LT’s With 3.73 Gears
180 JET THEMOSTAT
Pilot Pro-Truck Series PL-700B Fog Lights on the Smithblit bumper
UNI TRACKTION BARS
Wind Jammer
Lund Sunvisor

Anyone considering a MAS should

call C&L Performance. They sell the Vortech Maxflow which is 73mm and cost me $190 including shipping!!! I ordered it on a Friday and it was at my door on Tuesday! These folks are great, check them out. You can talk with Vortech directly and they'll recommend them also. I don't have their # on hand but I'm trying to find it.

Whats with the vortec one? Ive only read about it... Is it metal or plastic?

Also, do any of you guys know what the diffrence in on the GMS calibrated MAS? They seem to sell 2 diffrent ones... stock and a special calibrated one... hmmm

nick

Hey, how do you like your supercharger? I was originally thinking of getting a vortec but have heard some neagative feedback about them... mostly maintenanc/install issues. Also, at what RPM range does the SC kick in?

nick

The Vortech Maxflow

is aluminum just like the factory one.

I like the sc alot, it makes the truck very fun to drive. It gives more power at all rpm's (technically) but gives full boost at about 2-3000 rpm I believe. I know it improves power at lower rpm's through personal experience, it roasted stock size tires(both since my rear diff had a locker) from a dead stop after I installed the sc and wouldn't even think about it beforehand. I removed the locker when I changed to 4.10's and now it will leave a smokescreen with the 235/75's. I do not powerbrake, wet em down, etc... it was all on dry level pavement. I have occassionally broken the 31x10.5's loose but not too often since they along with the steel wheels are so much heavier.

I want

Back