Explorer Express Air Dam Install | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Express Air Dam Install

You don't have to get new fog lights, Expo 5.0 has the airdam and the factory square fog lights will work with it. He just added some small lights on the sides to fill up space, but that is an option.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know you can still use the stock lights. All I'm saying is that you need some sort of light to go with it. If you didnt have stock fogs then it might look a little funny with those 2 10" wide openings with nothing in them.

Well, Sarah has fogs, so no worries. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Originally posted by 98FordX24
alpha... dont you have a 98? Aldives airdam will only work on 99-00.

I intended to get the 99 bumper....I'm also digging those OPTX fog/driving lights by StreetGlow.

That will look good.

OMG Sarah I think those OPTX lights from Streetglow look awesome too, but I can't find them anywhere! I saw them in their catalog that I just got. I bet they'll be expensive.

You wouldnt happen to know dimnsions on the 3/1 lights, do you?

not so lucky

I would order an airdam or bumper cover like the limited had in 91-94 but I have a safari brush guard that mounts under the bumper and the airdam would need to be cut and cutting fiberglass isn't something I would want to do myself. However, I did cut and reinstall my plastic one that came with the truck and it looks real nice.:confused:

is that airdam really worth the $200 though!? what is it made of?? it looks like it should only cost like $50.

my opinion

That place is over priced and no it should not be 200 dollars that is insane. I love body mods but I will not pay that much for one piece of fiberglass :nono:

I just got the EE airdam for the 95-98 explorers. I would say its worth it if it was better quality, but it comes really rough and chipped. The body shop is gonna have to do a lot of touch-up work to make it look nice. I wrote EE a letter yesterday and havent heard back yet.

alpha

You live near me with your badd looking explorer I have a bad looking older explorer that is all decked out. I live near State Fair and you live in Milwaukee not too far from me and I am in Milwaukee all the time and went to college in Milwaukee:D

imo- although explorer express' quality sucks, and the price gouge like no other there is no other option for the front end of a "street truck" explorer. its worth the extra time for cleaning the thing up and the extra dollars for the way it looks and there's just nothing we can do about it unless we can talk some other company into offering a similar product.

expo5.0... you are the only person I know that has this airdam and I just want to know if yours came all rough and chipped around the edges like mine did.

Re: alpha

Originally posted by bigbadfred
You live near me with your badd looking explorer I have a bad looking older explorer that is all decked out. I live near State Fair and you live in Milwaukee not too far from me and I am in Milwaukee all the time and went to college in Milwaukee:D

Well damn.....it just so happens to be I am moving to West Allis next week. Right off the strip (hwy 100).

I live real close to

I live about 2 blocks from the Target and Burger King off of 100 and National I hope you are not on the Hwy 100 because noise is a big factor. I use to live on Hwy 100 and Ryan road and I couldn't open my windows or I wouldn't be able to hear my TV and that was with it on high and then I said heck with it and bought a killer surrond sound system to blast out the noise of trucks, cars and loud harleys coming by.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is good you have an alarm

I have a LCD alarm myself with remote start and the works pager built in and a very far range and West Allis is known for getting cars and trucks broken into and or stolen. Where I live on National I haven't had any problems but a block away someone tried to steal an expedition

Back