What air dam is this (pic)?

4Wheelin

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Smithtown, Long Island, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer Sport 4x4
Does anybody know if this is the Explorer Express bumper cover or a different air dam?

24.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i dont know, but i like it alot. not too flambouyant, but still looks great.

I think it looks like the air dam from explorer express just molded onto that front bumper. But i'm not positive

Slick

That f150 air dam is quite awesome! Too bad wont fit our Xplorers

SLick

Bumper cover

Looks like the one on my limited 93'

The air dam that FMNavajo posted about is crazy and I think that the one in the pic is most likely the Explorer Express one because it does look a lot like the one from a Limited.

show some pics of the explorer express your comparing to. the ones I found don't look anything like this, maybe a 93 or 94 limited.

4wheelin, what's "crazy" about it, the idea that YOU would THINK I'd want something like that on my truck? or the fact that it doesn't go an explorer? because I said neither.

FM

It is the Explorer Express/ Explorer Limited bumper cover. Here's a pic.

06001.jpg

Thought so. Does anyone know if an airdam from a newer Ranger will fit on an older Explorer? (I am willing to modify it to fit if necessary)

off tha subject, but man that truck is nice.

the airdam is most likely the one from a4wd explorer mounted on a ranger. it can be molded on but usually it bolts on. and as for newer ones the shapes changed. a square body ranger/explrer should work but a newer ranger like mine is too curved tio fit

1994greenranger. you have just raised the dead...

That's just the bumper off of a First Gen limited. At least that's what my '94 looks like. Except mine is turquoise green. :rolleyes:

1994greenranger. you have just raised the dead...

Its cool when things come back to life. Less than 8 years dead. I have seen older things unearthed around here. :D

Ha! I didn't even notice the dates. Now I'm just another n00b statistic.

i had one on my 87 ranger w 351 it came from stillen autosports

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back