• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Rear Cargo Cover (2007)

Diesel Tom

Reaction score
City, State
Stone Mountain, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer
Does anyone know the difference between the cargo covers for the various model years? I'm talking about the cover that looks like a window shade which covers the cargo area behind the rear seats.

For example, the tan cover for the 2006 model has the part number of 6L2Z-7845440-AAC. The tan cover for the 2007 model (my year) has the part number of 7L2Z-7845440-AA.

I see a number of these covers listed on eBay stating that they will fit 2006-2011 model years.

Could the difference be a slight color difference or is the difference physical dimensions?

Thanks.

PS I also own a 2002 Chevy Suburban and Chevy used the exact same cargo cover for model years 2000-2006.

I have never seen a cargo cover on an Explorer. I would think that they would all be the same since the interior layout never changed on the 4th gen and the interior colors never changed either. It could be that Ford changed vendors between the years and that is it.

That would be my take as well. Car manufacturers generally leave the dimensions alone for the run of the particular generation.

What's interesting is that the Ford parts system does list both the 6L2Z... and 7L2Z... part numbers. It could be that if you order a 6L2Z..., you get a 7L2Z.

I went back to eBay. I was mistaken. All of the cargo covers I found were for the Escape, not the Explorer. I'll keep watching.

Back