Explorer Sales Figures | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Sales Figures

18 refresh was pretty weak - no incentive for those on the fence to jump in and buy, vs waiting or buying something else.
Toyota has a different rep than Ford, highlander has a different MSRP (I believe a little less, but also less incentives, so transaction prices are probably pretty similar), and the highlander has better EPA mpg rating.
We've been nearing the late stages of an economic cycle for years now...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just bought a 18 platinum with 7k off msrp and 0 percent financing. That's was a good enough incentive for me, plus really wanted the 3.5 EcoBoost

I just bought a 18 platinum with 7k off msrp and 0 percent financing. That's was a good enough incentive for me, plus really wanted the 3.5 EcoBoost
I was referring to the weak refresh as not being incentive enough to get people to buy, not whether there were "incentives"/rebates on the vehicle to entice buyers.

There's about $5K or more between MSRP and "dealer cost" on the platinum not included any special dealer bonuses/discounts. You probably could have easily pushed for another grand or so.

I was referring to the weak refresh as not being incentive enough to get people to buy, not whether there were "incentives"/rebates on the vehicle to entice buyers.

There's about $5K or more between MSRP and "dealer cost" on the platinum not included any special dealer bonuses/discounts. You probably could have easily pushed for another grand or so.

I tried like hell, they wouldn't go down anymore even after I went berserk and went to finance manager and walked out. Their reason was because I'm utilizing the 0 percent I couldn't get anymore rebates from Ford. I started with only 2500 off msrp and worked myself to 7k off msrp with 0 percent.

Ford July 2018 Sales Numbers USA

Explorer increased 7.89 percent to 20,243 units
  • Ford says that it continues to see high demand for high-trim Explorers, with July mix being comprised of Limited, Sport, and Platinum models

Ford July 2018 Sales Numbers USA

Explorer increased 7.89 percent to 20,243 units
  • Ford says that it continues to see high demand for high-trim Explorers, with July mix being comprised of Limited, Sport, and Platinum models

Sales for the auto industry as whole have recently been declining. With that said, this is good news for the Explorer, F-Series, etc. They even stated the average transaction prices for the F-Series:

“Average Transaction Prices increased $1,500 per truck to $46,500, or $2,600 above segment average due to demand for high series models”

Lots of Explorers were sold, but they did not list average transaction prices. Number of sales is only one part of the equation, profit margin is also important and partially the reason Ford stock has languished over the past five or so years and one of the reasons they are doing away with some of less profitable sedans, etc. So, knowing that this is the last year of this generation of Explorer, I don’t doubt the incentives are very enticing to get these vehicles off the lot well below MSRP before the new models show up.

Back