Exterior Mods complete: Before & After pics | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exterior Mods complete: Before & After pics

Looks sweet.
Do you not have an antenae, or is it power?
What size tires are those?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks sweet.
Do you not have an antenae, or is it power?
What size tires are those?

I ripped the antenna off because I hate the way it looks and never listen to the radio anyway. Turns out the radio still works without it.

Tires are Nitto Terragrapplers, 265/50R20.

You should black out your emblems if you are going for the "blacked out" look. I did mine and it looks good only took me about an hour to do all of them and you dont even have to take them off the truck

Looks great! Liked it before too :D

Those wheels really make the truck!

nice and tight good job

You should black out your emblems if you are going for the "blacked out" look. I did mine and it looks good only took me about an hour to do all of them and you dont even have to take them off the truck

That's not a bad idea! I don't have a front one obviously due to the billet grille, can you tell me how you did it? I'd love to do the one on the rear liftgate!

Explorer

Very nice looking truck!
I love the black out look, Great job!

Wow nice truck Greg. I must know more about the headlights if you don't mind.

DrDoom, the headlights are an eagle eye Ccfl halo, purchased on ebay with an included 8000k HID low beam bulb kit for about $400 to my door. A quick ebay search confirms that the same model is still available. They are also available with a chrome housing instead of my black version, which depending on the color of your truck might look great as well. The greater visibility they provide in low light conditions is absolutely worth it, my eyes don't strain nearly as hard at night, and thus I find I'm able to drive longer stretches than before. I would've paid double.

Back