• Register Today It's free!

extreme dynamat install

JT

Reaction score
City, State
Fall River, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT Control Trac
installed some extreme dynamat on my rear cargo hatch today, figured i would post some pics...yeah thats my reflection in the window...i had to lie down on the ground to get decent pics :)

Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

absolutely no rattle anymore, i also applied dynamat on the plastic molding...cut down big time on the rattle. questions feel free to ask. Funny you will see in the picture a piece of dynamat with no print on it...that was there from the factory! Couldnt believe it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Until recently my hatch hasn't rattled, until i installed a new sony head unit, now it rattles. I was wondering much dynamat did you use, where, and how did you removed the back panel. Thanks

there are 6 of those plasitc clips along the top of the hatch, and 1 screw which is located on the side of the door lock rod.

I bought a door kit of dynamat extreme goes for about 89.99 I used all of it except for like a 6X6 square.

Comes in 4 sheets

Thanks,

Thanks for the info.

JT-how did you take the plastic caps on the panel off without breaking them?? I tried to take one off with a screwdriver, and I cracked it. Thanks-

Used needle nose pliers, but they actually sell a device that is made to take them off. I think Pep Boys carries it. I suppose i just got lucky with needle nose pliers

I NEED to do that BAD. once I get my subs and my amp sold I should have enough moola for that and a new box, I may be selling my old box too, not sure yet

Back