• Register Today It's free!

F150 radio problems?

locogringo1

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Has anyone heard if putting a DVD into the CD player will mess up the entire radio? (2003 F-150, the radio is stock)

The backgound story:
I burned a DVD for my father and he didn't realize that is was a DVD, he thought it was a regular CD so he tried it in his truck. Since it didn't sound right, he hit some buttons to stop it and now the radio sounds like it's a couple of frequencies off when he changes radio stations. Either he messed something up when he hit a couple of buttons to make it stop. or the radio is messed up.

I'm going to look at it on Christmas day, just curios if anyone has heard of a radio messing up like this before?

-Thanks

Putting a DVD in the CD tray shouldn't hurt anything. It just wouldn't be able to read the disc, almost like it was scratched to hell. As for the frequencies being off, I'm not too familiar with the stock radios as I changed mine out shortly after buying my truck. Maybe there is an option to do some fine-tuning? Or maybe the antenna fell out of the back and its just a coincidence that it happened at the same time as the DVD incident?

Back