• Register Today It's free!

fa600 drop pitman arm issues

ranger-93

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 ranger, 01 f-350
Ok so I just installed the fa600 drop pitman arm and the tie rod and drag link are now a lot closer to level. But one problem I have run into is the drivers side tie rod is hitting the drag link so theres a clearance issue there. I have been thinking about this for a little while and heres what I've come up with.

Take the drivers side tie rod and flip it to attache reverse so the nut is now facing the rear instead of the front. I plan to do this by reaming out the hole on the drag link and using an insert like is used when doing a tie rod flip.

I cant currently upgrade to the superrunner kit so thats not an option.

Couple questions.

All tie rod ends are the same correct?

Would this work without messing any type of steering geometery up?

Does anyone know if there are inserts made for the ranger tie rod ends?

It's a little late and Im kinda tired so I may be forgetting something, not sure.

anyone with any input, advice or ideas post em up.

IIRC it was red.EDDIE.4x4 who recently had issues installing the fa600. The pitman arm was hitting the drag link or the link were hitting each other. I can't remember exactly what the issue was.

He got it on but had to replace his tie rod + ends with Moog ones. I don't remember what was on there before but when he switched to the Moog ones it was alignable and everything cleared

~Mark

Yep, if the linkages aren't matched (say one side was replaced with another brand but not the other side), the d-side tierod could end up hitting against the back of the pitman arm TRE (apparently different brand links are formed a bit different or something).

Back