• Register Today It's free!

Fabtech spindles and new rotors?

Co&Ca

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
I was looking at the spindles lifts from Explorer Procomp and Fabtech. The Explorer Procomp fits directly and the Fabtech does too. But from old threads I've read on here from 2-3 years ago from owners of the Fabtech spindles they said they needed new rotors, but some others said they did not. Truck Performance offers the Fabtech spindles for the Explorer but i'm guessing jsut because they're compatible with the Ranger. So i'm was wondering if I would need new rotors?

Thanks, Jason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, you will not need new rotors. You will however, not have the mounting bolts for the brake dust shield on the front after installing the spindles. Small price to pay....
Karl

I think you're thinking of the Sport Trac guys. They have larger rotors than we do, so when they run spindles they have to also convert to the smaller Explorer rotors.

section525 said:
they have to also convert to the smaller Explorer rotors.

Man, that would suck. After a lift the last thing you want to do is take away from the brakes.

-Drew

Thanks for the responces! So I'm taking it that I will most likely NOT need new rotors?

Nope. No new rotors needed. :cool:

Awesome, thank you guys SO much! :D
I knew I LOVED this site for some reason...lol :cool:

Back