• Register Today It's free!

Factory alarm issues

n3opo3z

Reaction score
City, State
phoenix, az
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002, explorer, 4x4
Just installed a new alarm on my 02 explorer xlt. Remote start and push button every thing works fine. When I arm it it does everything right then issue is when I disarm doors unlock but factory alarm goes of I have to disarm with key. Any way tonfix this?

Just installed a new alarm on my 02 explorer xlt. Remote start and push button every thing works fine. When I arm it it does everything right then issue is when I disarm doors unlock but factory alarm goes of I have to disarm with key. Any way tonfix this?
Is this only happening when u lock the car with the buttons on the door? Like mine If I use the pad on the door the only way to make it not go off with my aftermarket is to hit the lock button on my fab then hit the unlock on it. If I just try unlock after using the pad on the door it’ll set my alarm off. I just don’t use the buttons on my door and only use the aftermarket fab and I’m good

No it doesn't matter how the doors lock. The factory alarm always arms and the only way to disarm it, is to put the key in the car door and unlock it even if the door is already unlocked or turn the car on.

Back