Factory Black Interior??

VairKing

Midwest-Xplorer Member
Reaction score
City, State
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 EB V8 AWD
In my search for a newer X, I am wondering if Xs came with black interiors at all? Im mainly wondering about the 96-99 model years, but now that I think of it, I have only seen 2nd gen Xs with grey, tan, or green interiors. I LOVE black interiors, just wondering if they exist. TIA...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never seen one here either...

I don't know, but I'd love to find one :)

nope never seen one, the closest ive seen is a real dark gray color, looked nice but it wasn't black. You could always make youre interior black.......

some of the limiteds and i seen 1 EB around the 99 year did have a very dark gray interior, almost looked black. I do agree with you. I love black interior and it is nearly impossible to find an explorer with even a dark grey. they just seem classy compared to tan. My .02 though

here is the darkest gray interior i can find stockhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2406328178&category=6012

The darkest interior I have seen was in 91-92 Navajos which have a Dark grey almost Black Dash and with Very dark trim. The Seats are two tone with Light and Dark Grey with blue trim.

The only explorers that I have seen that have close to black leather are the 2003 ones. They have very, very dark leather seats that look black. Other than that all I have seen are grey, tan, green, and blue.

Back