Fan Selector/AC bezel removal

chefduane

Texas Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Plano, TX.
Year, Model & Trim Level
None: SOLD 9/16
I have to replace the Fan Selector bulb in my 98 XLT. I have manual control rotary knobs, not the EATC. I've looked around the site and seen descriptions for what bulb need (t4's from autolumination), how to swap them, etc, but FIRST I have to remove the bezel! I couldn't find anything on how to do that. Can I pull the climate control bezel off without pulling the full radio/center vent bezel off? I can pop the Fan/Temp/AC Selector knobs off but does the bezel just come out by prying? I can't really see any screws anywhere but I don't want just go prying on anything with out a little guidance. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Chef Duane

first you have to remove the radio bezel. there are 2 screws above the HVAC controls. remove the screws and the top of the bezel is held in place with 2 metal push-in pins. it will just pull off. then you should be able to access the HVAC panel.

And they're 194 Bulbs. You should be able to change them without removing the HVAC controls, after moving the bezel out of the way. You can reach in behind and find the bulb. It's in a little holder that you have to twist out.

Thanks to everyone. Got it figured out. Unfortunately, one of the standoffs on my 4x4 selector switch had broken off along with the upper right push connector on the bezel. Previous unknown damage. But due to my amazing McGyver-like fabrication skills, I was able to fix a work around! Heh.
Thanks again.

Back