fan some times works some times doesnt | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fan some times works some times doesnt

Thanks Mark,I am having a problem with it being the relay.Again my blower stopped working,I pop the hood and gave the fan a good whack and presto it's running again. I think it could be a bad fan.Any opinions?

Well...........giving it a good wack, is something like giving the starter a good wack..........yes, I've done it too. Of course, it can be overdone...........don't ask me how I know.

Anyway, it could mean that, "it will soon fail" or "hey thanks, I needed that."

It's up to you. Though, after the wack test I'm thinking, "fan motor replacement time," rather than, "relay."

Glad it's working again.

Aloha, Mark

AC/heat blower intermittent, now won't work at all

I've read several posts about AC/Heat blower intermittent. Mine did that now doesn't work at all. I want to try to replace the heater blower relay #28 in the power distriution box. Where can I get that part? Do I have to go to a ford dealer? Do I have to unhook the battery to prevent shocking myself? Does it just pop out and plug in? I have a 1994 Ford Explorer Limited.

Yes. That's the one that was fried in my truck...Blower randomly turned on and off (worked more often on lower settings than higher settings). I could tap the relay and change the behavior of the blower. New relay=smooth fan operation.

works fine now, I replaced relay #28

I've read several posts about AC/Heat blower intermittent. Mine did that now doesn't work at all. I want to try to replace the heater blower relay #28 in the power distriution box. Where can I get that part? Do I have to go to a ford dealer? Do I have to unhook the battery to prevent shocking myself? Does it just pop out and plug in? I have a 1994 Ford Explorer Limited.

Back