blueka

Elite Pickler
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 UK XLT, 99 Sport V8,
I've only had Betty for 5years, and I finally get a recall letter saying that I need to get it to my local dealer so that they can sort out the issue with the speed control as it may cause a fire.

I went to Ford more than once to ask if my Explorer was on the recall list, only to be told no and that it had never had any recalls.

I have slips in my owners book to say it's had 3 recalls.

Anyone else have this crap?

Si

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got lucky when i took my Ex into Ringways in Leeds for a check - they fitted the new speed wiring loom for the recall without me even mentioning it to them! :thumbsup:

Well my bro's gonna have to take it down there once he gets it taxed for me as I'm still in Canada... so I can't do it! haha

Si

I got my third letter about it today. I'll get it done eventually

Ditto to everthing you said Si. Had mine 7 years and then got a letter!!!!
Twice I asked and they said there were no recalls on anything.

That reminds me i still need to take mine in. I was too embarrased b4 with the engine rattlin but now its quiet i'll sort it. I got my letter about 2 months after i bought her.

Good thing my battery is flat... wouldn't want a fire!!

Si

Hi simon,
I could be wrong but as our brake master is on the opposite side ours won't burn. I read that it is a combined prob of the cruise power cable staying live AND being dripped on with fluid that caused fires. Hope so else my shiney engine could go up at any minute:eek:

Wrong. Loads of right hand drives have been done. Insist yours is checked. If it aint got a new wiring loom attatched to the brake master cylinder it needs doing.

Back