Scheduling an appointment for a recall | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Scheduling an appointment for a recall

I was just on the Ford Owners website and while there I browsed the FAQ's on the air bag recall. Ford states that they have the parts available for all model lines for the repair. It may be worth checking with a different dealer about you MKX if you have one nearby.
Thank you for that info! Actually, I *DO* have a couple of other options at my disposal. 1sicbronconut is going check tomorrow with his parts department also to see if there is anything holding up the show. Based on your information, it appears the dealer has dropped the ball, but I will not pass judgement on them until I speak with them first. I REALLY want to get this fixed as my wife is at risk anytime she drives it. She hasn't driven it much this year as she is battling multiple health issues and is still recovering from two surgeries.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It used to be that way until the forum's software was updated a few years ago. ;)
It is also referred to as Start Conversation on the Lincoln forum.

Peter
I've obviously lived a sheltered life! LMAO

Ive got 3 "bigger" Ford dealers near me (all within 20 miles) and they are all at least a month out right now.

I own my own 3 bay shop and I'm 3 weeks out. I do a ton of commercial work this time of year though. I've got a customer I ordered a transmission before Halloween for and I'm still waiting on it. I know another buddy ordered a v10 for his tow truck in September and is still waiting as well. Parts are getting hard to get and alot of prices are going up. Brake rotor prices are climbing quickly.
Rotors for the must part had been sourced to China

Cost

Now that China embargoed cheap Australian coal creating their own energy crisis
Prices are on the rise
Shipping transpacific up 4x

That’s a huge increase
Too bad the USA industries were run down

Rotors for the must part had been sourced to China

Cost

Now that China embargoed cheap Australian coal creating their own energy crisis
Prices are on the rise
Shipping transpacific up 4x

That’s a huge increase
Too bad the USA industries were run down
Yeah I saw this coming. I do a ton of fleet work (lots of 8 lug rotors) and those prices have 3-4x. For your regular smaller car rotors they have about 2x in price. The cost of raw materials are driving up prices. I bought 2 brake lathes last year when I saw prices slowly on the rise.

Ive got a DOD manifold plate for a 2015 Chevy Silverado on back order for the past month. Cylinder 6 is dead because of it and the truck is parked in the back lot. Hopefully see that by mid February I've been told.

Called my local Ford dealer yesterday, apt. scheduled for Thursday at 10:00 AM no problem!

TBill

My appointment's next Thursday. Guess I'll get the oil changed, too.

My recall was completed yesterday, everything seems to be OK at this point.

TBill

Back