Finally Joined the Explorer Crowd | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally Joined the Explorer Crowd

exploderdude

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 EX Sport
Just wanted to to introduce myself and tell all of you how great of a site this is. I've been lurking around for a while now. Here's a quick run down of the vehicles that I've owned
1985 Ford Ranger
1996 Ranger
2002 Ranger Edge
2001 Ranger XLT
1993 Ranger XLT
2003 Ranger Edge
1984 Ranger
1974 Ford Maverick
and Now my 1996 Ford Explorer Sport.

I currently still own the Maverick and the 84 Ranger

As you can tell, I'm not new to fords, but this is my first explorer, and I absolutely love it.

I picked up the ex a few months ago and have just started to put a little bit of work into it. I bought it for $2500 and it has 80k miles on it. It's packing the 4.0 ohv and a 5spd manual, 3.73 l/s out back, 2wd.

Just thought I'd share a couple of pics of how she's sitting right now. When I first bought her, I immediately cranked the bars up front. This is how she sits right now(uncranked bars, and relocated rear spring spacer thingy above the spring, sitting on 96 Cobras with 245/45/17's)
exploder001.jpg

exploder003.jpg

exploder007.jpg

exploder011.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome and nice x u got there

u plan on doing mods to it

Eventually I'll be building a custom air intake for it and installing a spintech muffler. I have all the stuff, just haven't had time to put it on lol. And once these tires wear down I'm gonna put some fatter tires on there. That's pretty much it for now. I'll eventually pull the roof rack off too.

Eventually I'll be building a custom air intake for it and installing a spintech muffler. I have all the stuff, just haven't had time to put it on lol. And once these tires wear down I'm gonna put some fatter tires on there. That's pretty much it for now. I'll eventually pull the roof rack off too.

you can lift this gen of explorer 5 inches for somewhere around 450ish i think??? you would have to ask someone more knowledgeable about this year..... anyways nice explorer and welcome!

you can lift this gen of explorer 5 inches for somewhere around 450ish i think??? you would have to ask someone more knowledgeable about this year..... anyways nice explorer and welcome!

Yeah, Spindles and TT would give me about 5inches up front, but I don't want to go that route right now. Rather keep her stable and close to the ground.

Yeah, Spindles and TT would give me about 5inches up front, but I don't want to go that route right now. Rather keep her stable and close to the ground.

soounds good they llook good with wide tires on them stock

Very, very clean Ex- like the wheels! Welcome to the best Forum in the WWW!

Enjoy your stay here and the many many posts-trust me you will have your nose pressed to the pc screen for months!

Back