Finally trading in the explorer for a new truck... a dodge | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally trading in the explorer for a new truck... a dodge

I wish I could answer the diesel question... We've had to nearly double our fuel surcharge....goin through 30,000+ gallons a month sucks.

As for the Ford/Dodge, havent been a brand new dodge truck, but all the ones so far the inside just seems cheap as can be. Another vote for the Ford with a 6.0 Diesel.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

alright well ive test driven everything like thee times and ive come to a few conclusions.. the gmc 1500 and 2500hd are nice trucks, they have some very usefull options however thier back seats are not adequate for anyone.. compared to the dodge 2500, i found the dodge drove better, was faster and had adequate controls and features especially the back seat being able to accomodate what i need. i think the dodge is the best bet but im worried a little bit about the past history.. i feel like perhaps the new redesigne may have cured a lot of the problems.. oh by the way it has the hemi and an infinity 7 speaker stero ....any suggestions or opinions..

oh an Mikes95XLT

tell me a little more about ur uncles ram.. has he had an problems or complaints about it ?

Well my uncle has the 1500 version quad cab sport with the Hemi. He loves it and hasn't had any problems as of yet except he had to take it in for a broken piece of weather stripping is all. He used to have an F-150 lariat, but he said he likes his Dodge much better. He says it has better throttle response and it handles much better, plus like you said the back seats are very nice and roomy.

If you have any other questions I can ask him for you. Also, I can vouch for the throttle response and handling, cause I've driven it a few times and it is sweeeeeet. If I had the means, I'd be driving one (for what it's worth).

Hope this helps.

i guess my biggest problem is decieding what i want.. i really really like the dodge 2500 with the hemi but im not sure if the gmc 1500 slt would be better. i think the dodge drives better and its nice to have those rear doors.. i guess im just looking for what people know about both.

ahhhh... this is driving me crazy.. im off to the gmc dealership to see if i can get a 2500hd slt at a good price.. then i still have to think about it

also mike would ya mind asking ur uncle what he gets for gas mileage.. i think that may play a big role of which truck i will buy.

Just talked to him and he said according to his onboard computer he's getting 13.7mpg right now... but he said when he drove up to Wisconsin a few weeks ago he got about 17mpg (but that wasn't towing a load or anything) so he thinks that it would be considerably less. He says it's what was advertised as being mpg for the Hemi.

that doesnt sound too bad considering the best my explorer ever gets is like 320 to a tank.. roughly 14.5 to 15 mpg.. but thats on the highway.. im gonna be doing a lot of highway drivin in my new truck.. do u think that a 3/4 ton will get about the same.. it wont be loaded till i move out west, with the exception of my 5000 lb boat trailer once in a while during the summer

get the FORD F-250!

stay away from dodge....my dad's got a construction company and a fleet of trucks.....some ford/dodge's...chevys......the dodges have been problematic.......weak tranny in one. Lot's of little prob's always showing up. He does in fact like the Fords best....says they;re heavier duty when compared evenly. I know he has an F-450 Powerstroke that he swears would rip a house off it's foundation!!! he he....really....it's a heck of a strong truck. Our 1 ton dump HD-silverado doesn't really compare...it folds under heavy loads....the dodge? ok payload, but problems with them. I would go for an F-250 diesel for an everyday driver.....just the right mix of strength and power. The 150 series is ok, but they are light duty cruisers only.

alright.. now i really cant make my mind up... im definetely buying a dodge .. so thats taken care of... but now i cant deciede between a dodge 1500 lariat with 5.7 hemi or a dodge 2500 slt with the 5.7

1500 lariame= 37,000 - 2,500 rebate..
2500 slt= 35,000-1,500 rebate....

its a hard choice...

Well you said you were going to be towing... the 2500 would have more for the towing, and it's less expensive. I'd go with that... just my $.02.

thanks.. much apreciated.... im gonna see what i can do.. the laramie is listed at about 37000.. im gonna offer like 34000.. i think they are under the impression that i would pay sticker price

this is my first truck that ive ever bought fully on my own and im not sure how much i should pay for it.. the truck is listed at $35,049 and i want them to throw on an alarm, bedliner and sidesteps... what do u think i should offer and how should i go about to do this ... ive spent so long finding the truck i really like i dont want to get ripped off. thanks for your suggestions

Back