Finding all kinds of reasons to drive it.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finding all kinds of reasons to drive it..

Navman

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Ex Limited
Feel like we've been living in a cave after moving up to the 2013 Explorer limited.

With all the safety, comfort and wiz bang technology on board, I just want to drive and drive it.. but it's my Wife's daily driver :(

My Wife had a Mustang back in the 60's but it's my 1st ever Ford.

Complex machine but we decided to Not purchase extended warranty after hours of reading on this forum from folks with a lot of good advise.

Navman

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know what you mean.

I'm embarrassed to say how many miles I've put on my Explorer in nearly just three weeks "together."

I need more destinations.

Love my new 2016 limited so far. I would recommend looking at a quote from another dealer in case you had sticker shock on the extended warranty. My dealer quoted me an obnoxious price of $2500 for 8 yr 100k platinum. I got it with light, upgrade rental and first day rental for $1400.

Haven't even had our 2017 XLT for two weeks yet (will be two weeks on Tuesday the 19th) and we've already put 850 miles on it (just rolled over 1,000, had 154 on it when we bought it.) Granted, we took a trip the day we bought it that added roughly 350 miles, but 500 miles in two weeks is a lot of driving for us. And considering we only get about 20-21 average mpg it's hard to justify all that driving to the wife when our 2011 Fusion still averages about 29 mpg. Thankfully she knows how much I love it and has for the most part been 'ok' with me wanting to take it everywhere. :)

I've had my 16 Platinum about 9 months. It has over 10K miles. I usually put around 7K on my vehicle in a year, on average. I really like driving the thing. While I always preferred my old Edge over my wife's Murano, driving it now feels like driving a skate board. There is that much difference in the new EX's.

I'm over 11k in the first 6 months on our 2016 sport we picked up in February. I plan to drive it till it falls apart so no point it worrying about the mileage.

We really do take it everywhere though!

I love driving my 2016 Platinum. With two really young ones, our loaded Kia Sedona SXL (amazing vehicle - can't praise it enough) is the family driver, but I take my 2 year old out all the time to cruise. As soon as the second car seat is forward facing I won't feel bad doing the family drive in my ride. Of course, to keep it clean, I might not take that on lol!

Love my new 2016 limited so far. I would recommend looking at a quote from another dealer in case you had sticker shock on the extended warranty. My dealer quoted me an obnoxious price of $2500 for 8 yr 100k platinum. I got it with light, upgrade rental and first day rental for $1400.

I follow what you're saying JR

Shopped around but since it's over 3 years old and just under 36k miles, either they wouldn't provide a warranty policy or it was ~$2k

Told my Wife to set $200 aside each month in case the motor falls out of it...

I we don't use the money, we'll put it in the gas tank and drive some more lol

Makes total sense, I forgot about the past 12-month premium!

This 2016 is my 6th Explorer dating back to 2004. They are decent SUVs, but there are many, many cars out there that are more fun to drive. I wouldn't buy one if you're counting on it to be the ultimate driving experience.

Back