Finished Meguiar's 3 step... Zaino? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finished Meguiar's 3 step... Zaino?

I just did the three step Meguiars (1. Clean, 2. polish, 3. carnauba wax)

It looks pretty good but I hear its not that long lasting.

I dont HAVE to have the xtreme shine I really just NEED wax on there that will protect it for a year since I am in college.

If I buy the zaino and put it all will the MANY HOURS I spent on this 3 step Meguair's be waisted?

Should I just go buy the turtle wax that claims 1 wax a year and put it over this?

I go to school at texas a&m (near houston) and it is hot and high uv rays. Also will have to park outside all day.
Im not going to have any time or place to wax my car at all so I want to get a solid wax on there before I leave to last me until next summer.

Am I alright with this carnuaba wax or will it just last a couple months?

THANKS!
Grant

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Heh...not trying to compete with Al but you can also get Klasse. Only 2 steps and will make your finish look similar to Zaino.

Originally posted by XLT Xtreme
Just my 2 cents. I was told by a few detailers that polymers such as Zaino are not really good for the paint. I use a line of wax and other car car products from a place called Griots Garage. Does any one else now of this place and had any expericence with them. I'm really happy with their products.

XLT their products are the best when compared pricewise and a notch above. I have their starter kit and love it. You get much more than the "hi-tech polymer of the day" and "systems" alone.

You aren't alone my friend.

Overwaxxing CAN harm paint. You should not excessively overwax.

Jay

With Zaino goodies, you can never use too much, the more you use, the better the shine.

And for the disbelievers here is a link for you.

Zymol buyers that get it at the local auto store, beware.

http://www.hottub.org/~aroe/pitrow/pitwax.htm

Oh, Overwaxing, say 4 coats. You will experience hazing, due to buildup. Buildup is NOT good as we all should know.

Jay

Furthermore, Zaino is a Polish not a wax, my buddy uses it. They do not have a "wax". It is polish. There IS a difference between the two. You cannot apply Polish instructions to Waxing instructions. You can put as many coats of polish on your ride as you want. Wax should NOT be used as a "polish".

Four coats of polish is a waste of the product as the majority of the polish AFTER the first coat, ends up on the applicator AND the polishing cloth.

Jay

Originally posted by FORDisKING
Four coats of polish is a waste of the product as the majority of the polish AFTER the first coat, ends up on the applicator AND the polishing cloth.

I beg to differ. With Zaino, the more you use , the better the shine.

it's your money not mine.

Jay

It ISN'T WAX.

Hold up, People prior to this are asking about durability, of WAX. You're telling them that Zaino is the greatest thing around. It being a POLISH!

It is in print:

QUOTE]Originally posted by Fantasymon
I just did the three step Meguiars (1. Clean, 2. polish, 3. carnauba wax)

It looks pretty good but I hear its not that long lasting.

I dont HAVE to have the xtreme shine I really just NEED wax on there that will protect it for a year since I am in college.

If I buy the zaino and put it all will the MANY HOURS I spent on this 3 step Meguair's be waisted?

Should I just go buy the turtle wax that claims 1 wax a year and put it over this?

I go to school at texas a&m (near houston) and it is hot and high uv rays. Also will have to park outside all day.
Im not going to have any time or place to wax my car at all so I want to get a solid wax on there before I leave to last me until next summer.

Am I alright with this carnuaba wax or will it just last a couple months?

THANKS!
Grant
[/QUOTE]

He wanted to know about WAX not Polish, instead you are saying "Hey, my polish shines good, he wants the same BUT WITH WAX.

Originally posted by aldive

Yes. Zaino lasts and lasts and lasts....

see http://www.zainobros.com/

So now this poor guy is probably buying a Polish that is supposed to take place of WAX. Polish WILL NOT have the durability of WAX, any day of the week.

I'm also surprised that I am the only one HONEST enough to say that it IS indeed POLISH.

Jay

When someone mentions the words Wax involving cars. Car WAX should come to mind. I understand the passion of Zaino lover's, but I like most people buy wax to protect my paint which polish DOES NOT.

Jay

Most tests show that Zaino protects better and lasts longer than any other product.

Read this thread,,,, Dead Link Removed

Have you ever tried Zaino goodies?

Yes I have, before THE REAL Zymol system which is just a hair below Griot's, IMO, but I find Griot's to be better. I like ol' fashioned Carnauba wax, sorry.

The real Zymol products are mail order. People laugh, but these products are NOT the Zymol products bought at Meijer, Murray's, Autozone, Pep Boys, and etc. But I did not like some hazing that occasionally happened. Paint was unaffected BTW, just cosmetics.

Jay

PS - Al, this isn't personal so I hope you, haven't been thinking it is.

Originally posted by FORDisKING
S - Al, this isn't personal so I hope you, haven't been thinking it is.

Jay, not at all just a good discussion where we all learn something.

please respond to my post and let's continue the communication.

Jay

Back