First stuck | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

First stuck

Got stuck for the first time today.

It has been raining for about a day or two here so when me and my friend went to one of our favorite wheeling spots, it has hardcore mud (thats right...hardcore mud). There werent very many mudholes, just everything was slippery and the ole tires were slicks in no time.

So I was approaching an area of grassy dirt that looked like waves and kind of rolled for about four "waves". I was going up to it at a diagonal to the waves so I could flex as much as I could, but I didnt make it past the first hump.

I got my front tires over the first little hump I then made the mistake of stopping. Like I said earlier, everything was mud so I just dug myself in because my 4wd seems to not be working now (that could be a problem). I had to drive with my friend back to his house to get his tow rope and we ended up wrapping the rope around my shackle to pull me off.

Im sure this isnt much of a story, but I enjoyed it.

Oh, Ill have pics up sometime.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad everything worked out and you enjoyed yourself.

moving this to the whoops forum :)

Just so you know it isnt necessarily a great idea to be yanking from the shackles but when you gotta you gotta. Tow hooks are only a few bucks and if they break it isnt such a big deal

i assume you were off PIB somewhere? time to spring for some new swampers! gotta love the thick mud around here.

Congrats! good thing you didnt join the rollover posse in your first stuck ;)

Yeah I just got a new bumper so Ididnt have a trailer hitch to pull from and the hook wouldnt fit in the hole in the bottom piece of the bumper so the shackle was the only option. Im going to look for some tow hooks today.

Jason, yeah I was off PIB. Right behind the former rampage skatepark. You should check it out sometime.

oohhh yea, that is a fun place back there, we shot fireworks back there over July 4th. We should go wheel over thanksgiving man, i am comin home the tuesday after next.

Back