First warranty repair, A/C pressure tranducer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

First warranty repair, A/C pressure tranducer

FordShelby

Reaction score
City, State
Blue Ridge mtns VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Sport
Been a while since checking in at this place but the 2016 Sport is at 10k now and we're still enjoying it very much.
During the recent heat wave, the bride calls and says the a/c is blowing hot air. Although it started working the next day, we called the dealer and they said to bring it in.
The tech mentioned that a code was visible and it pointed to the a/c pressure transducer, ordered the part and replaced it so hopefully we're good. We had decided a few months ago to not proceed with the extended warranty but now I'm wondering, we have 2 months before the 1 year of ownership is up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Been a while since checking in at this place but the 2016 Sport is at 10k now and we're still enjoying it very much.
During the recent heat wave, the bride calls and says the a/c is blowing hot air. Although it started working the next day, we called the dealer and they said to bring it in.
The tech mentioned that a code was visible and it pointed to the a/c pressure transducer, ordered the part and replaced it so hopefully we're good. We had decided a few months ago to not proceed with the extended warranty but now I'm wondering, we have 2 months before the 1 year of ownership is up.

I don't know what type of mileage you do or how long you plan on keeping it but it will run you about $1,700 for a 6yr/125k +/-. Yes $1,700 is a lot and you risk losing it if you don't have issues.

however at about $82.50 a month for 24 months, it's not a bad pill to swallow to know you will be covered practically 100% of repairs/failures.

In today's world of all the electronics, sensors, and computers that are on the new vehicles that extra warranty is piece of mind to me, and I like working on vehicles.

Is there a reason why you're looking to buy ESP now? It was my understanding that you can buy it up to the last day of the factory warranty, in which the bumper to bumper warranty is 3yrs?

Thanks for the replies and information, I suppose it is good insurance considering the rates at the shops.

613GT500, I must have forgotten or am confused, for some reason I had it in my mind that you only had a year from purchase to extend the warranty but maybe that was a caveat that came with a carrot or something.

The cost to buy in the first 12 months is significantly cheaper than after that. (You can still buy in year 2 or year 3, but it costs more). Just for reference, I got my 7year/100k for $1500. (With light coverage, and first day rental)

The cost to buy in the first 12 months is significantly cheaper than after that. (You can still buy in year 2 or year 3, but it costs more). Just for reference, I got my 7year/100k for $1500. (With light coverage, and first day rental)

I wasn't aware of that, definitely something to consider before the 12month mark.
If only I can get ESP at the same costs as you guys in the US :(

I believe there are several posts about potential ways to buy at US prices and transition to Canada.

The cost increase varies by plan and by vehicle if you buy after the 1yr/12k. It used to be a flat $200 but now the shorter the term/mileage, the lower the fee. They will range in the $50- $200 range.

The two benefits are that you save a little money and you get 1st day rental during the 3yr/36k warranty. Having a rental is a must for me with my wife and I and 2 kids with car seats.

Back