• Register Today It's free!

Fixing Carnage

fischerry

Reaction score
City, State
THE SOUTH
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 x'sploda
FRIDAY:THE B2 KEPT SMOKING SO I TOOK SOME TIME TO FIGURE OUT MY PROP AND IT WAS THE THROTLE SCREW...A COUPLE TURNS AND THE RPMS WERE CORRECT THE IDLE SMOTHED OUT AND NO SMOKE.
1.jpg

THE SCREWS THAT HOLE THE CAP ON SI 5/16THS,AND THROTLE SCRE IS 3/8THS.
2.jpg

FRIDAY NIGHT:RIPPED HANDLE OF DOOR SO JB WELD. AND A MOUNTAIN DEW PLATE AND WE'LL GET R DUN...
3.jpg

4.jpg

SATURDAY:SO I BROKE ONE OF MY AUTO HUB LOCKERS,A WHILE BACK
6.jpg

I FOUND A XPLORER WITH AUTO HUB AT J/Y AND THEY WERE SET UP THE SAME.SHORTLY AFTER INSTALLING ME AN MIKE RELIZED THAT THE SMALL LOCKER INSIDE THE BIGG LOCKER,WAS WIDERR THAN THE B2'S BUT THE BIGG LOCKER WAS IDENICAL.SO WE POPED THE SMALL ONE OUT AND PUT THE SMALL ONE FROM THE B2 IN.(PERFECT FIT).REINSTALL AND WHALA.THIS PIC IS OF THE B2 BIGGLOCKER AND THE X'S SMALL.
5.jpg

A COUPLE THINGS I PICKED UP,I BAUGFHT FOUR QuRTS BUT ALL I REALLY NEEDED WAS 2 3/4'S.(FOR THE REAR)BY THE WAY THE GASKET REAR GASKET I GOT WAS WRONG.
boreed.jpg

NOTE TO SELF THIS OIL STINKS!!!
7.jpg

I do not see any tube of frictioner in your goodies bag? About $4 for a tube.

Is that tooth on the ring gear at the 6:00 position worn different or chipped?

nope it had fluid dripping off, and since my diff is open i dont need frictioner.i can tell you this after opening and further inspection.im think changing my ring and pinion wount be to hard.i need to do a little research to find out what kind of lockers are made for a 7.5.i also cant find a rear diff cover that isnt hard plastic.

nope it had fluid dripping off, and since my diff is open i dont need frictioner.i can tell you this after opening and further inspection.im think changing my ring and pinion wount be to hard.i need to do a little research to find out what kind of lockers are made for a 7.5.i also cant find a rear diff cover that isnt hard plastic.

dont waste the $$ on a 7.5!!!!

Back