Flat black rattle can? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Flat black rattle can?

crap-creek-2.jpg

Its not flat black but its from 99c cans from walmart. The cheap stuff. It is doable but i would go with the roll on method. It will be a thicker coat. The cheap stuff scratches easily.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im gunna do the spray on, see how it turns out. wont be more than $40 so who cares lol

THIS IS MY BABY!!!! flat black all the way! no problems with mine and the paint isnt uneven or faded, i did get construction paint splatters on my fenders at one point, but you cant tell. Im Xadrian by the way, new to the forum =]

96 V8 awd FLAT BLACK.

the extent of the paint job is pretty thorough, there no evidence this thing ever used to be WHITE.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/DJXB08/l_213d970e923d446a87216e930fb1bf33.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/DJXB08/exp2.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/DJXB08/l_8954b10beb2e4f20ad71409235bd686e1.jpg

the walmart cans, however much they were, like 86 cent or something? forgot what i posted they were earlier, i sanded through all the clear down to the paint, and it's held up pretty well.

i'm definitely going to use black primer this next go around, i think then it'll look how it should

The 99c stuff didnt last more than a couple of months on my trailer. Started flaking off. The rustolem roll on has been on for a couple of years now and is holding up well:thumbsup:

hmm
well we'll see when i wash it, i bought this can it was like $5 and its flat black rust paint so we'll see :D

I was totally against using rattle cans till I decide to paint my faded door pillars. I painted them almost a year ago now and they are still glossy smooth even being out in this hot AZ weather. Know your going for the flat black but just putting my 2 cents in. The main key to it is just apply a thin coat at a time and just keep going back over it.

PB020080.jpg

PC190037.jpg

so i painted 90% of it lol i still h ave the roof and the lower passenger side but i think it looks good, im gunna do a quick wet sand in the summer and redo it, but still.

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

that was just one coat, and in -30 weather lol. hasnt peeled yet

I know that this post is years late, but I did mine with a gallon of Rustoleum and a Wagner Power Painter in my driveway 3 years ago and it looks fresh still. Just do good prep work and it will turn out fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back