• Register Today It's free!

Flomaster Cat Back

CHuntMD

Reaction score
City, State
Upper Marlboro, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SOHC XLT, 94 4.0 SC
Installed a Flomaster "American Thunder" cat back exhaust on Saturday on my 94 supercab 4.0. It took longer to get the old stuff off but then it is 9.5 years old and 128,000 miles.

I got the kit from Summit Racing. Hands down the best price, 2-day ground from OH to MD. Total little under $200 to my door.

I did have to get the gasket (FelPro) that goes on at the cat and the "spring" bolts that hold the first pipe to the cat. These I got at Advanced Auto Parts total under $20.

The kit fits 1990 to 1994 SuperCab w/short bed all engines. From the inside you can hardly hear anything until about 3k rpms. From the rear it is quiet until you give it some gas. Sounds great. It's a 50 series muffler BTW. The two mounts for the hangers were perfect.

Chris

Sounds cool, I just got my 2000 Ranger and it came with a custom cat back system with a flo-pro muffler with the tail pipe chopped right above the rear axle. I would like to switch to the flowmaster cat back system, or if I can get away with it use dual cats and put dual exaust with an x pipe and headers.

I was curious if you've had your exaust on long enough to notice a change in gas mileage and how much of a power increase you got?

I've used two tanks in mixed Wash DC driving and it looks like a solid 1mpg increase. With a 4.0 I'm not sure how much a dual system would benefit.

Back