Flowmaster Cat Back. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Flowmaster Cat Back.

Thanx rino but i wanted the one from summitracing that u ordered and everyone was talkin about

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I ordered mine it said it would fit the 91-94 models. I did not see a system for anything else ,from Flowmaster that is.

IMO i dont like the way the flowmaster sound on the 4.0L
just my 2 cents

There isn't much more u can do to a v6 to make it sound as good as a v8.

Is nothing you can do to make a V6 sound like a V8, will never happen so forget it, go to that site they have extensive soundclips of all the aftermarket systems used on SOHC V6s, ck it out

I always wondered what a true dual exhaust system would sound like on a 4.0 explorer. Probably nothing better than my Flowmaster.

Do they make a ForceII kit for the 4.0L OHV engines? I haven't been able to find one that will fit my '00 XLS.

Flowmaster is the shizznit... I have a series 40 and a hi-flo cat. Total came to 479 installed with chrome tip and full piping from the exhaust manifold. Excellent sound, better power band increase, longer gears it seems. A bit more power. A lot more was noticed when I slapped on the K&N air intake.

Where did everyone get their high flow cats from, im looking for one for my 1992 explorer.

I have stock cats but I think Summit has them, I heard that the stocl cats flow well thats why I didn't replace them.

Give these people a call...

Classic Mustang, Inc.
24A Robert Porter Road
Southington, CT 06489
1-860-276-9704

Im sure they will order it for you :)

A few more places...

CROMWELL AUTOMOTIVE LLC.
1100 C CORPORATE ROW
CROMWELL, CT 06416
860 613-2355

JED'S AUTO PARTS
392 WASHINGTON STREET
MIDDLETOWN, CT 06457
860 343-0054

PERFORMANCE EDGE
321 BROAD STREET
BRISTOL, CT 06010
860 584-5665

R/T SPEED
1241 QUEEN STREET
SOUTHINGTON, CT 06489
860 747-2785

ROSSI'S PERFORMANCE MOTORSPOR
1143 MERIDEN-WATERBURY TPK.
PLANTSVILLE, CT 06479
860 628-2000

All these places should stock them, too.

Jeg's has plenty of high flow cats to choose from.

Back