Floor mat hooks ripped out of rubber floor. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Floor mat hooks ripped out of rubber floor.

krispy97xlt

Reaction score
City, State
LaGrange, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport Trac 4x4
Well,

As I am systematically fixing all the issues with my 01 Sport Trac I have noticed that the hooks that hold the floor mat to the "carpet" have been pulled loose and are missing on the drivers side.

I am trying to figure out a good mechanical method to attaching the mats to the rubber floor, while still allowing them to be easily removed for cleaning etc.

The OE hooks worked well, but I can't seem to find a replacement. And even if I did have a OE hook how would I go about attaching it to the torn rubber "carpet".

Anyone have any creative solutions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the suggestion. I sent him an email.

I kind of like the rubber floor as it is easy to clean.

I have a bracket idea that I may mess around with. The plan would be to make a metal bracket that bolts under one of the seat mounting rails and extends along the floor to mimic the factory hooks.

you could always do like what im going to do and get rid of the rubber floor and rihno line the floor then all the have to do is wash it with a bucket and sponge

Good idea here, but the floor mat grommet locations won't match.

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1272668

I saw that, similar to what I was looking to do.

I was over at a buddy's house over the weekend, he was performing a manual swap on is 2000 F250 diesel. Part of his swap included new carpets. Anyway I was able to score the clip from him. So pulling the non used clip from my passenger side and his donor clip should net me 2 working clips.

Now I need to figure out a method to repair the rubber floor to hold said clips...

Back