Florida Explorer Club | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Florida Explorer Club

You don't want to roll in there with "I HATE REDNECKS" on your windshield.Besides that you should be just fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tell you what I'll just bring along my bloodhound and my fishing gear and my Everglades outfits ... I'll fit the part ... country boy at heart.

Don't forget your REDMAN.Then we won't be able to tell you apart from everyone else.

Hey I can still fit a pinch between my cheek and gums ... unless the mouth cancer has grown a bit more since the last time I chewed ... :)

Just a scheduling thing -- I am beginning (and now preparing) a 3 month federal trial in palm beach county beginning April 2d ... I may become quite unavailable at that time (april through june) ... just a note in case you think I disappeared, I'll be quite busy defending the unjustly accused

Ok guys,
How about the 31st?
Bobby can relax one last time before going into court for the forseeable future...
I can get the time off...
Hank Grimmick (from the board) will be back from Finland and can join us...

What do you think???

Jon

Okay, where is Auburndale????

Maybe I can pull off going and then heading over the Palm Beach to start trial Monday the 2nd ....

Maybe .... and I will try ...

It's on..31st of march..Auburndale is between Orlando and Tampa, just off I-4..4 hr ride for Bobby, 2 1/2 hr ride for Jon, 1 1/2 for me and 45 min for Jason..I'm going to make it a family weekend thing. Theres a local park there called Cypress Gardens that we haven't been to in years.(have a web site) The area is not that "country". If any of you would likee to join in just let me know..Figure 200 to 400 for the weekend w/family of four..

The 31st will work for me.

Cool!
We have our 1st official FL outing - and in some soupy slop too! I'll cut out of work early Satruday to make it there by 6 - head out Sunday morning. I think I'll get the rest of the little things done to the truck now. How many other FL explorers are there? Wouldn't mind having a decent showing. Who's the guy from Gainsville? Jason, do you remember his name?

Jon

I'm on it..Have some of the Fl. members saved. FLORIDA members check your Private Messages..Anybody else that is going to be in the area the weekend of 3/31 is welcome to join us..It is only a 4 hr. ride from S.GA. Be more than happy to give directions and area info..

I'm not sure.I did send an email to Big poppa I think he lives in st. pete or some where over there.I have a couple of people that might make it.They don't own explorers.More the merrier

Jason,
Big Poppa is the Gator I was referring to. I know there are others too. I'll see if I can get a few others together for the trip as well. I can barely contain the excitement... (too bad there isn't a font that shakes like Beavus and Butthead! :D)

Cya guys

J

DAMN...Got what I thought was the rest of my 2" lift today..Missing a bushing..Called them, out of stock..Drop shipping it from the factory..DAMN..Keep your fingers crossed..I e-mailed a couple more..Maybe we will get a response..

mdrut,
What kind of lift did you get.

2" Sky Jacker..Hate to run it out of camber..2" body is installed..Hope to have the skyjacker and 31's on by the 31st..Wish me luck..

er... Good luck! ;)

Mike - you should be fine with 31's and 2" bl if you can't get the suspension done by then. I am putting of my lift until April/May because I want to get a few runs in prior to taking it off the road for a couple of weeks (not to mention I want to do it all at once - I'm so impatient!)

Hope you are able to get it down!

Jon

You should have no problem fitting the 31's with 2"b/l.I had 33's with 3"b/l.The 33's are still setting behind my shed.

If you what to see richloam.Go to www.suncoastflatlaners.com and look at whats new to see pics.

Looks like they had a good run in the Everglades too!

Jason - do you know these guys at all? They're from your neck of teh woods I see.

Jon

No I don't know them.A friend told me they saw there web site on that sublime green bronco.It's up for sale by his house.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just wanted to chime in and wish you guys luck with your Florida Explorer club!

Peace

Back