Florida Wheelers? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Florida Wheelers?

Where was this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i also would like 2 know were that happened , dude that sucks $500 :(

Happened in a construction area near my house in Coral Springs. There is a large field which was graded for setting warehouses on but it hasn't been touched in months and with all of the heavy rain it has turned into thick mud spots and sinkholes in certain areas of the field. After calling several tow trucks they refused to enter the field which is understandable and my only choice was to call a construction company. They came out with a backhoe with tracks and was able to pull myself and the guy who tried to help me out. Damage to his F250 was a broken running board on the drivers side as well as the valve stem ripped out of one of his wheels. Luckily he was not angry and found the situation comical, which in some sense it was but I was just so embarrassed and felt horrible for what had happened.
Needless to say, there is never any chance that I will drive in something like that again unless I know I'm able to be yanked out without having to call a backhoe lol...

dude thats horrible i had something simalir had happen to me but in my ranger an rail road tracks found a guy operating a backhole he help me off the tracks.....do u have pics off ur X

I have some pictures on my cell phone that I took yesterday when it happened. I was going to bring my good camera today but I was too depressed/disgusted to do so. I'll see if I can figure out email from the cell phone.

I don't have email on my cell so I can't send the pics =\

dude dats sucks cuz im local to you if u say u live by coral springs i mean im in weston and also cuz i happen to know a lot of people who would've love to come out and give a hand , any truck from my X to locked jeeps, discoverys broncos etc... !!! now where is this sink hole ur talking about..... atlantic?? dont say sample and da sawgrass?? and also you is your X 4wd?? cuz u gotta be crazy to go out anywhere w/o it specially the way its been raining out here.....lolol...... anyways i think you shoul see it as a good learning expreince rigth??.......lolol....

dude dats sucks cuz im local to you if u say u live by coral springs i mean im in weston and also cuz i happen to know a lot of people who would've love to come out and give a hand , any truck from my X to locked jeeps, discoverys broncos etc... !!! now where is this sink hole ur talking about..... atlantic?? dont say sample and da sawgrass?? and also you is your X 4wd?? cuz u gotta be crazy to go out anywhere w/o it specially the way its been raining out here.....lolol...... anyways i think you shoul see it as a good learning expreince rigth??.......lolol....

This was on just south of Wiles road in some construction area. Na my X isn't 4wd but I don't think it would have helped with the mess I was in lol. Next time this happens I'll PM you lol.

ohh ok but still, i mean you have a 2nd gen explorer right? and most likely u should have 8.8" rear with either 3.50 or 3.73 gears and posi traction so i think you shold've been able to at least reverse yourself out u know.... lol anyways if u want i'll keep u posted because we going to eight street next week so if u guys wanna come too u more than welcome

97 XLT AWD V8/ BW 4406 T-CASE SWAP(done!!!) 2" TT & SHACKLES / BFG MUD T 32X11.50X15

ohh ok but still, i mean you have a 2nd gen explorer right? and most likely u should have 8.8" rear with either 3.50 or 3.73 gears and posi traction so i think you shold've been able to at least reverse yourself out u know.... lol anyways if u want i'll keep u posted because we going to eight street next week so if u guys wanna come too u more than welcome

97 XLT AWD V8/ BW 4406 T-CASE SWAP(done!!!) 2" TT & SHACKLES / BFG MUD T 32X11.50X15

Yeah it's a 95 so it's the first year of the 2nd gen. I have the 3.73 LS axle but it wasn't cutting it as I was trying to reverse out of the hole. Only one wheel was spinning in reverse for some reason but both would spin in forward. I'm getting my shackles this week I hope and I'll see how much to lift up on the front. Keep me posted on the 8th street visit, I'd like to come and hopefully get stuck in some mud but not spend 500 bucks to have a pull out lol!

Yeah it's a 95 so it's the first year of the 2nd gen. I have the 3.73 LS axle but it wasn't cutting it as I was trying to reverse out of the hole. Only one wheel was spinning in reverse for some reason but both would spin in forward. I'm getting my shackles this week I hope and I'll see how much to lift up on the front. Keep me posted on the 8th street visit, I'd like to come and hopefully get stuck in some mud but not spend 500 bucks to have a pull out lol!

dude to lift the front all u have to do is tighten the adjusting bolt crank them evenly since ur 2wd like my crank them all the way, i did it an got 2 1/2 " there also a 3" spindle i believe its pro comp but its on back order :(

Yeah I am going to do a TT once I see how much the rear gets raised up. The front is slightly higher than the rear right now. The leafs are a bit saggy in the rear so I am not sure how much the shackles will give me. I might have to do a AAL later on down the road.

That f250 was buried pretty good. Im surprised a wrecker wouldn't come out there though.

That f250 was buried pretty good. Im surprised a wrecker wouldn't come out there though.

I had one tow truck come out but he said that he wouldn't go near it because of the pockets of mud. We were also about 200 ft from the pavement and a wrench wouldn't have been possible.

love the color of ur X.......actually u got same model and same color as i do...

Thanks. I am going to get some better pictures up when I clean the truck up a bit. Right now it's making me frustrated because its running badly. I need to change the plugs and wires asap, last night I found one wire laying on the exhaust manifold and it's all burned up and broken.

if you haven't done a tune up for the truck then u might need one but check first if just by replacing the wire for the plug would do the trick but if not and u gotta do some mech work into it i mean if u want i could link u up with one of my buddies who's going to school at Atlantic tech (Coconut creek and Lyons) and they got a fully loaded shop at their disposal .......and yeah thats where i lifted da truck, swap Tcases etc....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

J.W. Corbett Park

Have any of you guys heard of or been to J.W. Corbett park in Jupiter?
I watched some videos from youtube from there looks like some pretty good wheeling.

Back