• Register Today It's free!

for anyone with v8 conversion

351wExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 sport
what gauges are you using? did you use the stock gauges by themselves or in addition to some aftermarket gauges. Did anyone use all aftermarket??? im trying to decide how to do mine. How hard is it to reuse the stock gauges with a v8? i have a 94, with a carb'd 351w. any suggestions or pictures would be appreciated.

What guages in particular?
The oil pressure guage uses the same connection as before. You probably tore that connector out with the old engine harness? Tap into the oil pressure feed line on the drivers side firewall. Solder a new line.
The tach connects to the negative side of the coil I believe. You will have to get a tach from a late 80's/early 90's F150 if you want an accurate reading with 8cylinders.
The amp guage should still work if you retained the stock harness to the alternator.
Hope some of this helps.

If you're running a carbed motor and no computer i would just get all new gauges. Take the old cluster out, make a panel the same shape as the cluster, and put aftermarket gauges in it. Im pretty sure this is what Troll did.

Back