For those with Nav .... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For those with Nav ....

And since you brought that up, I wonder why so many can't do the updates themselves. It's really very easy, and after doing it a couple of times all the anxiety goes away.
It's as if some are being told that you must go to the dealer and pay for this 10-minute procedure.

To correct you on the paying part. It is my belief that due to all the bugs we will not have to pay until next year. I for one will not be paying for an update. Already talked to my dealer. Good luck with that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I currently have 2.7 and the speed limits show up on US Hwys/Interstates, State Hwys, and some other major roads.
I have V2.4 and the speed limit sign is there but does not show on all roads.

to the OP .. I live in Southern California, it shows the speed limit on almost every road I'm on, but on my trip to NorCal, it had no roads tagged in my parents rural town.

lol, because as of yet, no updates are available to "do themselves". The only thing available on the sync site is the status checker tool, which is not an update. It merely takes the version from your MFT and then uploads it back to the site to make them match.

I must have been smoking something............................

Two nights ago:

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.7
Confirmed installations
BT4T-14D546-AL

BT4T-14F496-AN

BT4T-14F497-AL

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AL

I must have been smoking something............................

Two nights ago:

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.7
Confirmed installations
BT4T-14D546-AL

BT4T-14F496-AN

BT4T-14F497-AL

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AL

You may have been smoking something, but that's not the reason you were misinformed here. The SyncMyRide.com site, along with the Ford sales reps who sold the car saying "You can install updates yourself right from the site" have not made it very clear how this process works.

I wonder if Ford will ever offer to sell the Sync Flash Kit described in the TSB so that we may download the firmwares and flash them ourselves. I don't see why to install a firmware I need to lose my car for a day to the dealer.

There are minor updates that can be done through sync my ride. Major updates are done at the dealership. Also you need more than just the cable kit described in the TSB. You have to have an VCM to hook to the DLC on the vehicle and the IDS software downloaded on your computer. The VCM costs over $2000 and requires a $400 a year subscription to use it so I don't think it something anyone would be doing that at home.

Back