Ford can put ads on our Infotainment screens, still can't figure out OTA updates... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford can put ads on our Infotainment screens, still can't figure out OTA updates...

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH

According to the new Ford patent, dubbed “Billboard Interfaces for Vehicle Displays,” the automaker in tinkering with the idea of using a vehicle’s cameras to read roadside billboards and subsequently display targeted ads related to those billboards’ content on the vehicle’s infotainment screen. Users would then be able to click on a link to give them more information on the ad.

The patent filing doesn’t provide any specific examples of how this might work but does include an image depicting a theoretical hot dog stand business with a picture of a hot dog and fries, along with the business’s address and phone number. Presumably, the navigation system would then give the driver the opportunity to navigate to that restaurant and take a food break on their road trip, or perhaps even order ahead of time so it’s ready when they arrive.

=========

Thanks, but I would rather they focus their energy on making the systems that are already in our vehicles work reliably and long term.

I read that article this morning and thought "That's all we need now, more distractions".

Peter

I would be livid if they put ads in a car I purchased. The system doesn’t need to use its processing power to try and make these pigs even more money. They’ve cut every corner on these, and now want even more.

Disgusting. Take some time and make your fake B&O level system not an utter failure like it currently is.

probably early work for when they switch sync to Android. Seems like a bad distraction. They will do that but wont let me switch folders when listening to music on my usb!

Back