• Register Today It's free!

Ford "dealers"

eric97cargo

Reaction score
City, State
Surrey, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Aerostar
Hi, I am new here as an official "member", but I have been reading the Ford Aerostar forum for many years.

Anyway, I finally got around to do a complete front brake service to the old and aging 1997 Aerostar cargo van. The whole works cost me about $120 CAN (plus 12% HST!).

Brake calipers (Cardone) $60 CAN minus core charge $30 CAN.
Brake hoses $10 CAN.
Brake pads $50 CAN.
Brake rotors resurfacing $30 CAN.

The front brakes have never been better, they are like Cadillac brakes. This is my first time doing my own front brakes. In the past, I usually spent about $600 CAN for a complete front end brake job at a local service shop.

Anyway, I now also do my own oil and filter change. It is so easy to do!

My future projects include the following:

1) Order more parts before they become obsolete.
2) Install the new Summit Racing shifter tube.
3) Install the new master cylinder.
4) Install the new bosch water pump.

Long live the Ford Aerostar.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well done! :thumbsup:

two words. ROCK AUTO. they have tons of parts, cheap as well, and best part. they ship to canada!

two words. ROCK AUTO. they have tons of parts, cheap as well, and best part. they ship to canada!

I ordered a couple of engine mounts from RockAuto for my old Aerostar. They arrived in a large box. I did not realize the engine mounts are so huge! LOL!

My god, I paid only about $20 (plus $30 shipping) for both engine mounts. :p:

There is another USA auto part online retailer which calculates the duty and the shipping charges before you checkout. Anything ordered over $20 is outrageously over priced after adding in the shipping and the duty charges.

Save us Canadians from the Canadian auto parts mafia group of companies who charge $90 for one upper ball joint which is only worth $45.:rolleyes:

Welcome to this forum! At one time the mounts were a dealer only item when I first got my 1988. I think that I paid $50 for each one back then. The upper control arm bushing weren't available as a separate item at thaqt time either, so I had to buy the entire assembly at the dealer for around $114 each I think. It was a long time ago so i don't remember the exact price.

Back