Ford Explorer 2014 Programming Mode | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer 2014 Programming Mode

nohcho_95

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Police Int.
Hi Im newbie in this kind of stuff and Im sorry for noobie questions. Yesterday I bought Ford Explorer 2014 PoliCe interceptor. The dealership gave the key fob with the car and told me it will cost me money to activate it for my ford, I decided to do it by myself, but I cant enter the programming mode. the method I tried was 8 key turn cycle which didnt work for me. Can anyone help me with entering programming mode for this Ford model. Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Im newbie in this kind of stuff and Im sorry for noobie questions. Yesterday I bought Ford Explorer 2014 PoliCe interceptor. The dealership gave the key fob with the car and told me it will cost me money to activate it for my ford, I decided to do it by myself, but I cant enter the programming mode. the method I tried was 8 key turn cycle which didnt work for me. Can anyone help me with entering programming mode for this Ford model. Thank you!

Is this an Integrated Key Transmitter, or a separate fob?

If it's an IKT, then you need two working keys. First key, turn ignition to on for 3 - 10 seconds, remove, second key to on for 3 - 10 seconds, remove, IKT to on.

My understanding, though, is there's more to activating keyless entry on the PIU. There is some module programming involved.

See this thread. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...ntry-to-2013-pi-utility-using-forscan.457216/

You can download Forscan for free, but you'll need an OBD II connector. You can learn more about it here. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...scan-update-allows-module-programming.442848/

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Are referring to a 2nd key fob? You should always be provided with 2 programmed fobs when you buy a vehicle. I would never accept just one.

Peter

Were you able to get a solution to this? I'm currently having the same problem

Were you able to get a solution to this? I'm currently having the same problem
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The member you quoted hasn't been seen here since March 21, 2017. Perhaps another member seeing this will have an answer. Have you tried the procedure that Jon mentioned? What is it that you are attempting to do with the "programming mode"?

Peter

Back