ford explorer limited 2013 4x4 tranny | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ford explorer limited 2013 4x4 tranny

theshiek

Reaction score
City, State
EASTERN PENNSYLVAINIA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 explorer sport
I have had 4 ford vehicles and have had 3 tranny problems and now with this 2013 ford explorer limited 4x4 twice have smelled the odor of the tranny slipping and burning , anyone else have this problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have had 4 ford vehicles and have had 3 tranny problems and now with this 2013 ford explorer limited 4x4 twice have smelled the odor of the tranny slipping and burning , anyone else have this problem.

I used to own a 2012 Ford Explorer Limited and now I currently own a 2013 Explorer Sport and there has never been a transmission problem at all. Prior to these two vehicles I owned a 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer for three years and never had tranny problem neither. And for what is worth I have owned Ford Explorers since the first one that came out in 1991 getting a new one every three years and all these SUVs have performed flawlessly with no tranny problems at all.

Not with the Ex, but my 2010 Fusion has had the tranny burn out twice within 10 months. Ford never replied to two letters regarding this problem, so I am out of pocket $$$$ for the second rebuild. Have lost confidence with this company ........ and have four Fords as well! :mad:

Is it hard acceleration that you're getting these smells? You might have the hard acceleration burning oil smell.

Hi theshiek,

Have you taken your Explorer to your dealership so they can inspect? I can assist by getting your information into the hands of your regional customer service manager. Send me a private message (PM) with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll get to work!

Crystal

thanks for all the input it has happened twice hen I had to slow down on a hill then re accelerated I have not taken the vehicle to the dealer yet as in 2 weeks it will be due state inspection and plan on having it checked at that time. I also had a motorhome built on a ford chassis and had 3 transmissions in 30,000 miles.

thanks for all the input it has happened twice hen I had to slow down on a hill then re accelerated I have not taken the vehicle to the dealer yet as in 2 weeks it will be due state inspection and plan on having it checked at that time. I also had a motorhome built on a ford chassis and had 3 transmissions in 30,000 miles.

Keep us posted, theshiek. If you need my assistance, just send a PM in my direction!

Crystal

I had my 2013 Exploder towed today from my driveway. I first noticed the engine idling really rough, then I tried I put it in reverse and the Explorer didn't want to go backup. Well, it did, but is was chugging along. It performed just fine in drive and then the check engine light came on.

I had my 2013 Exploder towed today from my driveway. I first noticed the engine idling really rough, then I tried I put it in reverse and the Explorer didn't want to go backup. Well, it did, but is was chugging along. It performed just fine in drive and then the check engine light came on.

Hi esw2005,

I just wanted to touch base with you and see how things are going with your Explorer. If you need my assistance, just give me a shout over PM.

Thanks!

Crystal

Sorry to hear about you problems. It seems you may be jinxed. When you look up, do you see a little black cloud hanging over your head? :D

Peter

2013 ford exploere tranny

well finally got vehicle in for state inspection and tranny and hesitation problems as usual the ford people stated they could not duplicate the problems. although several days later it was announced on the news that 2011 and 2013 ford 150 trucks were having a hesitation problem.

well finally got vehicle in for state inspection and tranny and hesitation problems as usual the ford people stated they could not duplicate the problems. although several days later it was announced on the news that 2011 and 2013 ford 150 trucks were having a hesitation problem.

Hi theshiek,

I'm happy to step in and assist; just send me your information and I'll check out some options. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name. I'll do the rest!

Crystal

The hesitation problem isn't the tranny, it's the Ecoboost motors having a condensation problem from humid climates and the intercooler working too well. I found one thread about the tranny hesitation with a F-150 owner. Answers were to get the transmission reflashed.

Never mind...

Back