Ford Forced to Offer Incentives on Used Explorers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Forced to Offer Incentives on Used Explorers

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
USA: Ford offering rare incentives on used 1997-2001 Explorers & Mountaineers

Ford Motor Company rarely offers any type of incentives on pre-owned vehicles. But now, the affects of the Firestone tire issue on used Ford Explorers and Mercury Mountaineers are prompting Ford to initiate this
rare action.

In a communication from Ford Motor Company to its dealers, Ford announced the program of low interest rates of either 5.9% or 7.9% for all 1997-2001 Explorers and Mountaineers for up to a term of four years, for qualified purchasers.

Ford, which is due to release sales figures for October later today, is predicting a decline of up to 20% for the Explorer and total sales lower by as much as 9%, compared to October 1999 sales.

Ford associates a portion of the decline of Explorer sales to the shutting down of three plants for three weeks to free up replacement tires for the Firestone tire recall.

is this program still in effect???

does anyone know if this program on special ford credit financing on '97-2001 explorers is still in effect??

--karl

I'm not sure Karl, all I can suggest is that you contact your closest Ford dealership's used department and just ask. I know my dealer out here has a LOT and I mean a LOT of used Explorers. They had 4 2000 Wedgewood Blue Limiteds last time I was there, all with under 5,000 miles and all of them selling for $28K.

and I was thinking for a while about buying a newer one for my wife.

Should check with my dealer tomorrow. Will let you know.

Later,

Back