Ford one-button remote start question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford one-button remote start question

pderoo1

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan's Thumb
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 Limited
Hello everyone,

I just bought an '08 Limited that came with the OEM Ford one-button remote start as well as the 4-button keyless entry. I didn't get any documentation with the remote start, so all I know to do with it is hold the button for 3 seconds prox to start it, but I'm used to remote starters that turn the running lights on so that you can tell that the vehicle actually started. Is there anything I can do with this remote to make the lights go on when it does start? Or where I can find any documentation on it?

TIA!
Paula

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do the parking lights come on during remote start if the headlight switch is in the auto position

then turn switch to off position- they should come on.

if they work while in off position and not in auto- then you have to change park light wire to a positive wire in the driver kick panel. It is a brown wire. test first and change fuse in module to 12v pk lite.

Hello everyone,

I just bought an '08 Limited that came with the OEM Ford one-button remote start as well as the 4-button keyless entry. I didn't get any documentation with the remote start, so all I know to do with it is hold the button for 3 seconds prox to start it, but I'm used to remote starters that turn the running lights on so that you can tell that the vehicle actually started. Is there anything I can do with this remote to make the lights go on when it does start? Or where I can find any documentation on it?

TIA!
Paula

Is it an Astrostart brand? Cause mine does the same with no parking lights.

do the parking lights come on during remote start if the headlight switch is in the auto position

then turn switch to off position- they should come on.

if they work while in off position and not in auto- then you have to change park light wire to a positive wire in the driver kick panel. It is a brown wire. test first and change fuse in module to 12v pk lite.

I've always had the lights on auto so I'll have to try it with them switched to off. Honestly, I'm not crazy about the dash lighting when the lights kick on automatically around dawn and dusk anyway. It has to be fairly dark out for the numbers on the speedometer to illuminate properly.

Is it an Astrostart brand? Cause mine does the same with no parking lights.

It has a Ford logo on the front and the back of the fob reads "Code Systems". Looks just like this:

BE8Z-19G364-A-2T.jpg

Turn the lights off from "automatic" did the trick!

Thanks so much!!
Paula

you can move the wire for the remote start from the neg trigger wire to a positive trigger wire and it would then work correctly in the auto position during the daytime.

you can move the wire for the remote start from the neg trigger wire to a positive trigger wire and it would then work correctly in the auto position during the daytime.

Are you talking about in the actual fob? I just opened it and really didn't see anything. Where would I find these wires?

no its the actual wiring of the remote start module in the car to the vehicles wiring. there is a white wire off the r/s module and it needs to be changed to another wire in the car for the lights to come on during r/s in the auto light setting. maybe something you don't want to do but a shop may do it for you or a dealership.

no its the actual wiring of the remote start module in the car to the vehicles wiring. there is a white wire off the r/s module and it needs to be changed to another wire in the car for the lights to come on during r/s in the auto light setting. maybe something you don't want to do but a shop may do it for you or a dealership.

That's what I was afraid of. I won't touch it (not even sure where it is in the vehicle, under the dash I suppose), but next time I take it in for service I'll have them do it. In the meantime, thank you for helping me solve my problem of no lights on when I remote start it! Very much appreciated!

You could always just look for exhaust coming from the back :p

Can't see any from the house or my office. ;-p

just leave the headlight switch in off position to see lights come on. easy fix

Back