Ford Ranger

Earlbarkley

Reaction score
City, State
East Ridge TN.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Ranger
Hello Ford Ranger lovers my name is Earl.:rangerred:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im having a problem with my speedometer when I reach 40 miles per hour my speedometer jumps to 80 miles or pegs out on the speedometer does anyone know what the problem is?

Hello. So I bought my first ranger the other day a 2008 5sp manual

I had it on the highway for the first time today and noticed at about 120-140km I have a slight shaking that seems like it’s coming from the rear but I noticed it goes away over 140 or if my foot isn’t on the gas it isn’t there or it’s as bad. vehicle treat

Another thing.. Idk if this is normal or not but it’s annoying and I can’t find anything on any forums. Being on the high way I’d also been shifting at abit higher rpms and I’d noticed when I shift over 3k rpm from 3rd, 4th to 5th there is a weird feeling I get halfway through pressing the clutch

It almost feels as if I can feel the engine vibrating through the clutch pedal .. almost like a grinding feeling but when I read about grinding clutch I don’t think that’s what it is .. unless maybe it’s really early stages? I don’t think I heard anything abnormal. it was all feeling

Another thing which might be normal but idk because I’m new to the manual is It’s also a little difficult to get into first and second gear, it’s never gotten stuck or anything I just realized it’s obviously more resistance and it’s not ever as smooth as going into 3rd +

Thanks in advance to anyone that reaches out

Hello. So I bought my first ranger the other day a 2008 5sp manual

I had it on the highway for the first time today and noticed at about 120-140km I have a slight shaking that seems like it’s coming from the rear but I noticed it goes away over 140 or if my foot isn’t on the gas it isn’t there or it’s as bad.

Another thing.. Idk if this is normal or not but it’s annoying and I can’t find anything on any forums. Being on the high way I’d also been shifting at abit higher rpms and I’d noticed when I shift over 3k rpm from 3rd, 4th to 5th there is a weird feeling I get halfway through pressing the clutch

It almost feels as if I can feel the engine vibrating through the clutch pedal .. almost like a grinding feeling but when I read about grinding clutch I don’t think that’s what it is .. unless maybe it’s really early stages? I don’t think I heard anything abnormal. it was all feeling

Another thing which might be normal but idk because I’m new to the manual is It’s also a little difficult to get into first and second gear, it’s never gotten stuck or anything I just realized it’s obviously more resistance and it’s not ever as smooth as going into 3rd +

Thanks in advance to anyone that reaches out
Welcome!
It would be best if you could repost this in the Ranger section as a new thread, but I’ll respond to a couple things here.
If your truck isn’t the supercab, the vibration could be a worn out carrier support bearing on the driveshaft.
The hard shifting could be the beginning of the slave cylinder slowly failing.
Search for threads on those issues and see if it fits your problems.

Welcome!
It would be best if you could repost this in the Ranger section as a new thread, but I’ll respond to a couple things here.
If your truck isn’t the supercab, the vibration could be a worn out carrier support bearing on the driveshaft.
The hard shifting could be the beginning of the slave cylinder slowly failing.
Search for threads on those issues and see if it fits your problems.
thank you for the response.

Welcome.

check fluid level in clutch master cylinder reservoir
Check for wetness underneath the transmission bellhousing, where the clutch slave cylinder would be leaking

Difficult to get into 1 and 2 is a sign of a failing (or not installed properly) clutch hydraulic system

how many miles on the 08? is it 4wd?

Welcome to EF!!

check fluid level in clutch master cylinder reservoir
Check for wetness underneath the transmission bellhousing, where the clutch slave cylinder would be leaking

Difficult to get into 1 and 2 is a sign of a failing (or not installed properly) clutch hydraulic system

how many miles on the 08? is it 4wd?

Welcome to EF!!
thank you

Back