• Register Today It's free!

FordPass App Android

TinMan4154

Reaction score
City, State
USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
FordPass released an update this week and now my phone app seems to not want to sync with the vehicle automatically. The app no is no longer in the apps screen on sync 3 until I hit sync with phone then it works, but the next time I get in the vehicle it's gone again. Anyone else have this issue?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the app only worked for me once in the 7 months I've had this vehicle.

Can I ask you what you used the app for before it stopped working?

Was just checking my fuel level.

I just reinstalled the app on my phone and tried it.

I logged into the app, connected to bluetooth (AA disabled in sync settings).

Did a "scan phone for apps" or whatever that option is, it found fordpass.

I start the app, it loads up a blank screen with one button on the top left corner that says "Menu" and it doesn't really have any options in it.

This is about as far as I got last time too, then sync gave me the error that it fordpass had crashed and whether or not I wanted to restart, I selected yes and it disappeared from the menu.

OK so found you have to have AA disabled to use FordPass. Sucks as I won't be disabling AA. Ford needs to create an update to fix this...

I gave up on fordpass a long time ago.. way to buggy...

I think the guy who supervised the software design and rollout of My Ford Touch was transferred to the FordPass Team.

Same as before, over promised, under delivered, delayed, delayed, delayed.

I gave up too.

FordPass seems to be totally useless. I connect in in AppLink but it doesn't do anything. What is connecting it supposed to do?

Back